How long have/were you with your partner before.....

MissGobby

Reaction score
....you started TTC??

i have been with my OH for just under 6 months BUT we were best mates before and i have never felt anything like i do for him, i know hes the one and after my suprise pregnancy a few weeks back (which resulted in a M/C) we both feel like we want to try for a baby!!!

just wondered how long you were with your partner when you decided to start TTC

:D

3 years - i had to know him inside out before having kids with him and htat meant living with him for some length of time. As you don't really know someone if you haven;t lived with them. I don't really think 3 years was long enough to be honest.

We knew we would be together fovever withing about 3 weeks of meeting each other (we were living together after just four weeks!!) and straight away we knew we wanted to have children together but we waited for two years until we were married before we started trying.

We've been together for over 4 years. We got married nearly 7 months ago. Our plan is to be pregnant by our first year anniversary..we're hoping anyway!

Been with my OH for nearly yr and half, live in each other pockets day in day out, and not yet had one row.
obveously theres the lil ones, where u kiss and make up, but were madly in love, and both still get butterflys when see eachother. Started TTC 6months ago, hes 6yrs older than me, and kept mentioning children after a few drinks (lol) and has a neice and nephew who hes so good with, (they moved away down south) and he started gettin more brudy, and me, well i've always wanted children since day1.
1 chemical pregnancy, made us both realise how much we actually do want this!
x
Good luck TTC lots of Baby dust to all x

We have been together for 2 years and 7 months, we have been engaged for 1 and half and we have lived together for pretty much all that time - 2 months. However, we were very close friends for a while before gettting together and we had known each other for 10 years. He is the only person I have ever wanted children with and the only man Ive ever loved.

My previous relationship lasted 7 and a half years, and I never even thought about kids with him, thats how I know that my fiancee is the one for me, I feel so passionate about us. We are a very passionate couple.

Anyway back to the point - we were together for 1 year 10 months before deciding to try for a baby. :D

we have been together nearlly 7 years but didn't start TTC until about 3 years ago

We were together 3 and half years, married one year of that before finding out about our unplanned pregnancy. That one wasn't successful so we started trying after that, nearly four years together by then.

And budge was right, you definitely have to live with someone before you 'know' them!

Hey there!!!

Me and hubby were together for 10 years and married for 6 months before we started trying!!! So 10 years and 6 months in total!!!

He he he!!!

I always knew from the start he is the one for me!!!

xxxxx

We were together 2 years before we TTC. In ways I wish we had waited because now I am on my own with a 4 month old coz our marriage didnt work out. Dont get me wrong, I dont regret having Maddison at all but having a baby puts a lot of strain on relationships and if you're not already strong enough together then it can break you. On the plus side, there is no love quite like that between a mother and child, its the best feeling in the world :D Only thing I would suggest to you is that you and OH live together first, a relationship can change quite a bit when you move in together and you should be 100% that you are compatible before baby comes along :wink:
Best of luck hunny, PM me if you ever need to :hug:

I have been with OH 6 years now so 5 years when we started trying

I am glad we waited as now i feel we really know eachother we have been through some rough times where it was touch and go and have made it through, i wouldnt have liked to have had a child thrown into the mix at the time as i dont think we would have made it through

I think until you have lived with somebody for a reasonable time you dont really see their bad side as well as their good.

I have been with my OH for 3 years, we have been living together all of that time (lived together as housemates before dating). I think we know each other very well, we live very comfortably together and don't argue. I can't imagine having a relationship with anyone else that will feel so easy and natural.

we'd been living together for 1 1/2 years but knew each other before that. i have to agree that you dont know some one well until you live with them, people seem to change so much when your with them 24/7 :lol:

DH and I have been together for 7 years, married for 4. We started TTC 6 months ago. So 6 years and 6 months.

we have been together for 12 years married for 5 years i fell pregnant about a 2years before our wedding which ended in m/c so we started ttc after this

We'd been together 3 years when we found out I was pregnant, the loss made us even closer I think although we had a very good close relationship before.

I guess when we started ttc post loss we had been together 3 1/2 years.

lived together for 4 years and were married for 6 months before we started trying back at the beginning of last year.

i would definately live with someone for at least a year beforehand, love isnt everything, you need to ensure that you work together as a team, after a year unless you are well and truley blessed you will have at least one thing that tests your relationship, it could be external or internal to your relationship, but ttc itself can put a strain on.

really you need to know how strong your relaitonship is when the shit hits the fan, cos it will do in any relationship from time to time, you'll then know if the love is strong enough to survive

Snuggle said:
We were together 2 years before we TTC. In ways I wish we had waited because now I am on my own with a 4 month old coz our marriage didnt work out. Dont get me wrong, I dont regret having Maddison at all but having a baby puts a lot of strain on relationships and if you're not already strong enough together then it can break you. On the plus side, there is no love quite like that between a mother and child, its the best feeling in the world :D Only thing I would suggest to you is that you and OH live together first, a relationship can change quite a bit when you move in together and you should be 100% that you are compatible before baby comes along :wink:
Best of luck hunny, PM me if you ever need to :hug:
thanks hunny - hope u are well :hug:

yeah we are going to live together soon - going to do what Emmylou suggested (thanks hun :D ) and rent a property for a few months before buying - going at the weekend to look at some proeprties we have seen and take it from there!!! :D

MissGobby said:
going at the weekend to look at some proeprties we have seen and take it from there!!! :D

How exciting! Good luck

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back