How long have you been TTC? Whats the story?

Loola

Reaction score
Sorry for my nosiness, but I was wondering how long you have all been TTC and if you know of any reason as to why you havent concieved?

I am 28 (almost 29) and my partner and I have been trying for 7 months with no luck. As far as I know we dont have an fertility problems as we have not been trying for long enough to see the doctor yet. I have been pregnant before, but with a previous partner. I lost the baby unfortunately and still think about it every day, but as my previous partner did not want it at all and we split up a few years later I tell myself that everything happens for a reason. If it hadnt happened I may not be in the wonderful relationship that I am in now with a man who really wants a child with me.

Whats your story?

Hi there :wave:

Been ttc number 2 for 4 months, going into 5th month. I am 27 dh is 34. I am starting to get worried that my c section with dd has left me with alot of scar tissue, although I may just be paranoid. Your current partner sounds lovely, and I'm sure things do happen for a reason. Good luck for this month Loola, I'm sure u will get your BFP soon.

xx

clairedoran said:
Hi there :wave:

Been ttc number 2 for 4 months, going into 5th month. I am 27 dh is 34. I am starting to get worried that my c section with dd has left me with alot of scar tissue, although I may just be paranoid. Your current partner sounds lovely, and I'm sure things do happen for a reason. Good luck for this month Loola, I'm sure u will get your BFP soon.

xx

Thank you so much! I hope so too and good luck for your next baba too :)

2nd month ttc no 1 for me so I'm a newbie. Unexpected pregnancy in August this year but sadly a mc in Sept made us realise we did really want a baby. I'm charting and using opk's so I understand my fertility.

Wishing you lots of luck Loola.

CB23 said:
2nd month ttc no 1 for me so I'm a newbie. Unexpected pregnancy in August this year but sadly a mc in Sept made us realise we did really want a baby. I'm charting and using opk's so I understand my fertility.

Wishing you lots of luck Loola.

Thank you Claire! Good luck to you too, hopefully we will have our BFP's in the New Year!

Hi,

We are trying for our 2nd child, 2 months of trying so far and no luck yet. Bit worried about the several days of spotting I've in both cycles but I've not had a healthy time of things lately so perhaps it's down to that. Giving it another month and then taking myself off to the docs if it happens again.

Hope you get your BFP soon Loola.

I love your blinky, I love cats too :D

hi loola
3rd month TTC for us. Had a m/c back in july this year which was unplanned with my ex...Met OH 2 days after i found out i was pg. Decided we wanted to give his LO and brother or sister so here we are in our 3rd month. Not charting o anything like that just taking it as it comes for now

Bagpuss17 said:
Hi,

I love your blinky, I love cats too :D

Haha! Thanks! They are my current babies! I look forward to having them cwtching on my big baby belly one day! :)

Sarah&LJ said:
hi loola
3rd month TTC for us. Had a m/c back in july this year which was unplanned with my ex...Met OH 2 days after i found out i was pg. Decided we wanted to give his LO and brother or sister so here we are in our 3rd month. Not charting o anything like that just taking it as it comes for now

Aww thats really lovely :) Good luck hun!

Hi Loola :wave:

I'm 29 and OH is 39, we've been trying for 10 months (this is our 11th) to conceive our first. We only started temping last month as we were starting to get a bit bemused that our non-preventing, non stressed method hadn't worked yet. OH has had two sperm tests both of which have shown a high sperm count but low motility. The doctors have put this down to OH's extensive cannabis use and he has now cut this out (as of July). He has also cut out coffee, tea, tobacco and we both are eating an organic diet. We went to see a herbalist a month and a half ago and she has us on herbal tinctures mades especially for us to help detox our systems. I have also been given agnus castus as the herbalist has said that she thinks I may not have got the effects of the pill (stopped taking it at the beggining of February this year) out of my system.

I guess I think that up until now our bodies haven't been ready or prepared for conception. I feel more positive that we are making lifestyle changes to try and conceive. In some ways I feel quite positive that it has taken so long. It was OH's idea to TTC and when he originally raised the idea back in January, I wasn't really up for the idea. It has taken me this long to be able to realise that I would actually quite like a baby and am quite excited at the thought of becoming pregnant. Also we have a holiday booked for May to Canada and we are hoping to find jobs whilst we are over there as we would like to immigrate. If I had become pregnant previously, I'm not sure we'd have found the time or money to book a holiday. I think you are right that things happen for a reason :D

Good luck with getting your BFP :D

Well im 25 my partner is 22. already got one lil girl after docs sed i might not be able to concieve coz of my weight issues.

Its been 12 moths sincee ttc with 2nd after bout 4 months i suffered from m/c.
Then i went to docs who refered me to have a scan, and thats when i was diagnosed with pcos, im still currently waiting to start clomid.
So hopefully some fantastic news will come for next year

:wave: :wave:

I'm 31 this Sunday if anyone wants to send me b'day wished and my DH is 36 in Feb. We met just over 3 years ago and from the start we both knew we would want to be together and have a family together. I had previously been in a long term relationship (9 years) and DH had been married for 10 years but none of us ever wanted children before so it's a new thing for both of us.

We've been trying since we got married in June this year so we're just coming to the end of month 6 TTC... I'm actually due to test on my birthday on Sunday!!! :? :? We don't know if we've got any fertility problems because we haven't been trying for long enough to be able to see a doctor yet.

I'm just hoping it happens soon :pray: :pray: :pray:

:wave: Hi Loola,

I'm 22, my partners 26 and just starting my 2nd cycle of ttc.
Been pregnant twice, first time I was 20, at uni, we were living apart and generally it wasn't good timing at all! We decided to make a proper go of it, unfortunately we lost the baby at around 6 weeks. A few months later we decided to take steps not to actively ttc, but to just "not prevent".

Started to get a little worried this summer as still we hadn't been pregnant and it'd been 18 months, then found out in September that we were pregnant again. Thought all was going well, but at 6 weeks I started to have problems, and ended up having surgery to remove an ectopic pregnancy at 8 weeks to the day. Fortunately, no complications came up from the surgery, all tests back clear and the doctors could find no scarring etc that would've caused the ectopic, it's just "something" that happens, and there's no reason I shouldn't have a healthy pregnancy in the future, despite having lost my right fallopian tube.

This time, we just want a baby - so decided soon as I was well and got the OK from doctor to start ttc. Fingers crossed!

Good luck to everyone

x

:wave: Thanks everyone that has replied, its really interesting to hear what everyone has been through and the difference in everyones situations yet the mutual bond that we all have - the want to be a Mum. Good luck to you all. I am really looking forward to seeing how our lives change in 2008, sharing your joys and unfortunately probably some sorrows. :cheer: :hug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back