How long had U been taking Anti-D's when you decided to stop

poppy160

Reaction score
I've tried on various different tablets since I was diagnosed with PND back in April. I'm currently on Mirtazapine, and have suffered horrible side effects recently.
I don't want to continue with them anymore, in fact I'm tired of trying this tablet and that tablet, suffering the side effects and going on to the next only to have the same problems..I have no idea if I still have the depression or not. I get down days when I sometimes cry. I don't want to rely on tablets anymore. How do you know when you're ready to stop them?

i just stopped copld turkey every time!

however the first 2 times (seroxat in 1998-1999 and prozac in 2004-2005) i was taking recreational drugs anyway so that mightve masked it and this time iv been on prozac for 2 months and stopped cold turkey because i am pregnant and i dont think ur supposed to take it when preg? :think: i had a hysterical day yesterday but it was an unexpected BFP and couldve been hormones so again im not sure whether the AD's are to blame :?

and i think mine are easier to come off than yours. good luck :hug: :hug: :hug:

I stopped cold turkey but it is not advised. I didn't get any bad effects from stopping suddenly and I feel tons better for it. x

Thanks for your replies, ladies :)

How did you feel when you just stopped? At the moment, I'm weaning myself off as I'm nervous about crashing if I cut them out. I think I'm on quite a powerful med - Mirtazapine - 15mgs, before that it was Citalopram - 40mgs. I was taking the Citalopram when I had a very bad relapse, I'm scared of it happening again :(

I was on Sertraline 100mg and had been on them 18 months to 2 years, I dropped dosage to 50mg then 20mg and weaned off like that. As i'd been on them so long and they were quite stong it would have been dangerous to just stop suddenly as I used to get bad withdrawal effects (neusea, dizziness etc) when I missed a day nevermind completely stopping!

I personally would go under the advise of your GP x :hug: :hug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DreamRapeVic
Back