Diclofenac Tablets (anti inflamitory)

SarahH

Reaction score
Have any of you been on them??

My doctor prescribed them yesterday for my leg. I took my first one when I got back from the doctors at about 11am. I have to take 1 tablet 3 times aday. The thing is since late last night I have been feeling really sicky, I havent been sick, but feel like I could be at any moment... just wondered if it is a side affect of the tablets.

I was on them at one point (the disolvable version :lol: ) and all i remember from them was that they made me constipated really bad. Ended up giving them up because of it. Dont remember feeling sick though.

Hi Sarah,

I take them daily and have done for several years, last year I suddenly reacted to them and they made me throw up constantly. They can irritate your stomach lining and make it bleed. Are you taking them after food? you need to eat before hand or they can cause problems.

I went to the docs and she put me on omeprazole which solved the problem. Omeprazole lines and protects the stomach. I'd go back and see your GP before it gets worse.

Also I presume you are on 50mg three times a day? it could be worth switching to 75mg twice a day as these tablets are slower release and shouldn't cause as many problems.

Hope you feel better soon :hug:

I was on them this year and I did feel a little sicky too at first.

I had them for an inflamed gall bladder but had to take Something similar to Lornas tablets to protect my stomach too but that was because of the nature of what was wrong.

If your stomach is generally ok then there is probably no need to worry about that kind of thing.

Hope your leg feels better and you get a quick scan date. :hug:

I was given them after my section with Megan, they were really good, although hallucinations and feeling dizzy were the only side effects I had, I kept using them as I knew it would only be for a little while.

They don't give them to people with ulcers and Crohns because they are irritative to the stomach lining. <try taking them with food.

Thanks ladies,

I have been taking them with food as I always do with tablet, just feel bleeeugh

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kayx94
Back