How long did you wait for nxt baby?

KJL

Reaction score
Layla is now 8 and a half months and the hubby and I have started having conversation about when we will think about expanding our family. I have always wanted two children quite close together. We were thinking about starting trying at christmas/january...does that seem too soon though? Layla will be 10months. It took me 6 months to get PG the first time as I have endometriosis so not sure how quickly I'll fall PG again :think:

Just wondered how long other people waited?

I think we are going to wait till Baillie turns 3. I want her to be really quite independant before I take on another little monster!

Gives me time to save as well.

Different strokes for different folks though. My mum says closer together is better!

Kim x x x x x

We started trying when Maddison was a year old and thought we would get pregnant when she was about 18 months as it took us 7 months the last time but it happened quickly this time so there will be less than 2 years between them now :hug: If you feel ready then go for it hun :hug:

OH would like four children and before having LO I kind of agreed with him. As I am 30 I shouldn't really have too long gaps between children. When LO was just born I thought not to wait too long until getting pregnant again.

BUT I think my thoughts are now changing. I have SOOOO much fun with LO at the moment that I feel that I'd like to enjoy her on her own for a while before getting pregnant again. Also, I am less keen on having four children - and may only want two or three.

I used to think that if I got pregnant again soon, I wouldn't have to go back to work for too long until starting maternity again. But now I am not quite sure if I go back at all.

Having said that, we are not using protection so I guess we are leaving it to nature. I never really planned to breastfeed this long (and don't want to stop) so my period hasn't returned yet and OH is overseas a lot so likelyhood of me getting pregnant atm is slim.

I would say that do what feels right for you :hug:

Until I had Daniel I was more or less thinking "ok, this one is done, so run along nurse" :lol:

But now I am not sure when it is going to be. There are some days when I think will start tonight, and some days when I am praying to God to let me survive this one :lol:

Probably will start trying next summer, but I am not sure yet. I have to be 101% sure that Ill manage another one and wont go mad :lol:

my DH wants to wait until josh is 2 or more, but i would prefer to go for it a little earlier. it took us a while to get pg the first time. im aiming to try next christmas so if all went well there would be 2 yrs between them. hopefully dh will agree

Im hoping to try when DD is 1 so there will be about 2 years between them depending on when i fall.

You have to do whats right for your family and what you think you could cope with i was brought up having 2 sisters very close in age (1 twin) so i would like that for my dd.

We want to try for another when Talia is 5 and at school :D

We started TTC our second when ds was 9 months (just after Christmas last year). We caught 4th cycle and are due just before Christmas this year. So ds will be 20 months. I'm really looking forward to having two, I know it will be hard work but they'll be such good friends :D

We'll probably try for #3 next Christmas but it depends whether we can move to a bigger house before then really. Then that'll be me done! 3 is plenty for me :D

Last edited:
i always wanted mine close together. benjamin was born in july 04. we started trying in jan 06 for numer 2 when he was 18 months old, fell in oct. had oliver in june 07 and started tryig straight after he was born. we lost 2 before this missy stuck. there is 16 months beteen them :)

I've always wanted them quite close together with a small-ish age gap, so we started TTC when Amber was almost a year old. It took us a year to conceive her... and almost two years to conceive this one! :shock:

I'm quite pleased with how it's worked out though because she will be 3 & a half when this one is born, and she is so independent. She gets herself dressed, feeds herself, can amuse herself & plays quite happily with her toys on her own. She is also at pre-school 3 days a week so when number 2 is born I will have some time alone during the day with it. Saying that though, I think we will start ttc number 3 when number 2 is very young, probably won't leave it for a year, as it's taken us quite a while with these two, and I would have liked around a two year age gap rather than nearly 4 years!

Because of my age we plan to start trying again next sping. So Galen will be around 10 months old.

It might take a month, it might take six or more and I don't plan to keep trying once I turn 40. So the sooner we can get trying the better.

i have got 10 and a half years between my 2 and i think its great.....no jealousy or aguing over toys and i have a ready made and willing helper and a live in babysitter so i can bath in peace :cheer: :cheer:

initially i wanted my babies close together in age but as the 1st came along when i was 16 we decided to wait a while until we had our own house etc, but i think it has really worked out well and wouldn't change it for the world!! :D :D

I did say I wanted a good few years between children but decided we're not even going to use contraception or go on the pill so watch this space :lol: . It took us 3 years of fertility treatments to conceive so if nothing happens naturally we'll be going to start treatments again early 2010. We may seek help earlier but at the moment no rush and see what happens :D .

We didn't wait long and I wouldn't want it any other way and all being well we're hoping to have a third and fourth, close together again, in a few years time :D It took us 6wks to conceive Isaac and 3-4months to conceive Ophelia. Do whatever feels right for you, you'll be the parents afterall so it doesn't matter what anyone else say, very best wishes :hug: :hug: :hug:

I think we will start ttc when Holly is about 18mths old.... I dont want to huge an age gap between them and that will give us more time to save. I used to think I would want them much closer together than that but I am really enjoying Holly at the moment. She's a proper mummy's girl at the momet :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back