• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

How Long did it take for you to concieve after mc?

Mummy2Adam

Reaction score
Hi Ladies

I know everyone is different but i was just wondering whether the theory of you are more fertile for 3 months after mc is true. I am now on cd3 of my 2nd month of ttc after a mmc at just over 12 weeks.
If you dont mind me asking how long did it take for you to concieve? x x

I def think you are more fertile after a mc, me and my oh had been trying for nearly 2 years before i got pregnant then I miscarried at 10 wks. I was totally distraught after that so we waited a a few months before trying again, I got preg after a couple months of trying but miscarried again at 6 weeks. However after my second mc I got preg before af came. Currently about 6 weeks preg just now, i'm worried sick about it but so relieved I can actually get actually conceive ok.

Hope it happens soon for you. Lots of baby dust! xxx

We were not trying but not preventing as such and took 6 months after my mc in april. My friend got pregnant straight away. Didn't want to put pressure on ourselves as mc was hard enough xx

Is it safe to try straight away? I've read that sone ladies get pregnant before next af xx

It took me 5 or 6 month...but everyone is different. Hopefully you will have a bfp soon though :) xx

I got pg after 3 months trying, then mc, and Im currently still trying 4 cycles later. I had read that you were supposed to be more fertile after, so we tried again straight away. Everyones different I suppose, at least we got pg once, and Im sure it will happen again - just annoying with all this waiting!

Thanks for all of your replies ladies. I just wanted to see whether the theory was true or not x x

i m/c at the end of sept, bled until the middle of october (i had a bit of tissue left inside me) yak! I had a period november and december. But it was before 3 months x x x

I am interested in this too. I hope it can happen for me again soon, my consultant said that I'd only have a fertile window of 4/5 months after my operation before my problems started up again. I do hope that my cycle sorts itself out pronto after the mc x

I def think you are more fertile after a mc, me and my oh had been trying for nearly 2 years before i got pregnant then I miscarried at 10 wks. I was totally distraught after that so we waited a a few months before trying again, I got preg after a couple months of trying but miscarried again at 6 weeks. However after my second mc I got preg before af came. Currently about 6 weeks preg just now, i'm worried sick about it but so relieved I can actually get actually conceive ok.

Did you know you had ovulated or was it purely by chance you BD at the right time? xxx

I had a mc end of November AF came new years eve of all the times to show up!:shock:. and i got my bfp the end of january so i think you are more fertile after a mc. Good luck and i hope u get you bfp soon.:hug:xx

I had a mc end of November AF came new years eve of all the times to show up!:shock:. and i got my bfp the end of january so i think you are more fertile after a mc. Good luck and i hope u get you bfp soon.:hug:xx

Wow that was super quick, congratulations hope things are going well xxx

I suppose it depends on how your body is after the miscarriage. It took 6 months or so for me to get pregnant again but i wouldn't say we were really trying for the first few months just the odd occasion!! Not sure what we are going to do this time...part of me thinks I should give my body a break and maybe it didn't work this time because my body hadn't recovered fully from the miscarriage in may.

Hey mc today but saw this post and was interested in how long till I can try. One question though what does AF mean? Daftie I know!

Did you know you had ovulated or was it purely by chance you BD at the right time? xxx

It was purely by chance Spinneygirl. I think at first when we were trying to conceive we were trying TOO hard and when the pressure was off it just happened xxx

I lost my first baby at 13w2d and then it took almost 19 months to get pregnant with DS1, had another mc after he was born at 7w5d and it took just 3 months to get pregnant again. Good luck and dont loose faith, it will happen soon!! xxx

Thank you for all your replies ladies :)
I can actually post an answer to my own question :) its took us three months to concieve after my mmc, i got my bfp on 20th Feb and we are praying for a sticky bean this time :pray: x x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clark Gracen
Back