How long are you having off on maternity leave?

I'm going to take a year like I did with my little boy - 13 and a half weeks to go until I finish for it!! Yay!!! xxx

Hey, im taking 2 weeks, and thats if he is perfectly on time. Im a student and together starts 2 weeks after my due date. . .

I am taking 9 months.

Luckily as I am a teacher I sort of start my maternity leave at 29 weeks this Friday and I just go back for 3 weeks in September before proper maternity leave starts.

I'll go back next June for 7 weeks full time before the next summer holidays start and I'll get another 6 weeks off so it's almost a full year when you look at it like that.

I'll then work part time from Sept 2011.

Hey girls,

I am going to take the whole 39 weeks STAT - so then at least I am getting something coming in each month. I have saved all my holiday this year so having 4 weeks before, and then 2 weeks after the 39 weeks and we also accrue any bank holidays whilst on MAT leave so that is another 7 days added on top of my holidays for next year! I will then come back full time to my job. So in total, 11 months off!! I personally dont think I could come back to work straight away. I commute into London and am worried even after 11 months with my baby I will find it hard?!

My husband, at first, worried about money and me not bringing in a full salary, but now he is even saying I dont have to go back if I dont want to! The more pregnant I get, the more supportive he has become! Its all about saving now whilst we can so if anything does need paying out for while I am off, we will have some money to cover it!

At the end of the day, everyone is different and have different support networks around them. If your MIL is happy to help then take it!!! I will have to pay for nursery when I go back - which seems extortionate!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hope you girls are well!!! I am struggling sleeping in this heat! xx

I am taking 9 months.

Luckily as I am a teacher I sort of start my maternity leave at 29 weeks this Friday and I just go back for 3 weeks in September before proper maternity leave starts.

I'll go back next June for 7 weeks full time before the next summer holidays start and I'll get another 6 weeks off so it's almost a full year when you look at it like that.

Annie - how good being a teacher and getting the summer holidays off too! BONUS! x

I want more time off I finish on the 15th Nov using up my holiday I have left so official maternity leave will be on the 25nov and due on 29th and will have to go back in may seems such a short time but there is no way we can survuve on smp but I am trying to persuade hubby to let me have less days in as I feel the days are too long with a baby

I am taking 9 months.

Annie - how good being a teacher and getting the summer holidays off too! BONUS! x
I know, it's only my first year teaching so great timing to start a family really - am v lucky :)

I am taking 9 months.

I am so jealous! x

Hey, im taking 2 weeks, and thats if he is perfectly on time. Im a student and together starts 2 weeks after my due date. . .

What will you do if you are 2 weeks late? You are very brave! xxx

9 months :) i was forced to take mine early becase it was an extrememly physical job (riding horses) so although baby not heer yet, my mat pay only runs up till feb 2011 x

Hey zaza, if hes late well. . . My university final year starts two weeks after his due date so im just going to have to manage. Fortunately with ohs course he will be bt home a lot more and so will take some of the pressure off but. . . Ask me again mid october and ill let you know if it was bravery or stupidity x

Hey zaza, if hes late well. . . My university final year starts two weeks after his due date so im just going to have to manage. Fortunately with ohs course he will be bt home a lot more and so will take some of the pressure off but. . . Ask me again mid october and ill let you know if it was bravery or stupidity x

Good luck - i hope he is early for you xxx

im having the whole year off and I also have 5 weeks holiday to use before then which I think I will use spaced out between now and Dec so I can spend time with my little girl, and if I can then I will go back to work if not then I wont go back and be a stay at home mum xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back