HOW IS THIS POSSIBLE?? (UPDATED WITH PIC) helppppp!!

Elle'sMumy

Reaction score
After M/c my hcg went right back down to normal non-pregnant levels. i got my 4 posative OPKs early this week (and not even a hint of a line since, until now!) although i had no EWCM to go with it... i think i got a few Ov pains Monday.
This morning, for no reason at all- just my POAS addiction- decided to take a HPT (i have millions of them.) They claim to be able to show a faint line at 1day after conception, they are from the NHS. so i just took one with me and used FMU. i did the deed and shoved it in the bedrom (i KNEW it was going to be BFN, but didnt want to waste my FMU! :lol: ) i left it on the bed for a few mins and thought id take a peek.... THERE WAS THREE LINES :rotfl: one was obviously the control, the second darkest was the evap line and if you squint, you can see a really thin faint line where the test line should be!! :wall: :wall: is thes crap??? (sorry lol. im just shocked)? is this possible to actually be a BFP???
Just now, i took a OPK because i got a bfp on OPK 9days before i tested posative on HPT... Yes, it was a BFP...

Now im really CONFUSED! :doh:

This is what is on the info leaflet for the test strips..
It is unfortunate that some eBay sellers claim their tests are ultra early and 10 mIU when they are not. Basically if the outer foil doesn't indicate 10mIU then they are NOT Early or Ultra Early tests. All our strip tests are Ultra Early 10 mIU tests. These tests will show a faint line at a level of 10miU of HCG (the hormone that is produced in large amounts when you are pregnant). A normal non-pregnant woman is at a level of 5miU or less and from the first day of becoming pregnant the level of HCG doubles every day for the first 3 months until the level is at several hundred thousand. The average woman could, therefore, show a faint line only 1 day after conception but if the level started at 1miU then it would be 3 days after conception that the line would show. Accordingly it can vary from person to person and the actual day of conception in the cycle can vary slightly depending on the day the egg was released from the ovary and the day it was fertilised. Normally we would say that these tests would be certain to show a positive result 6 days after conception. On the 7th day the line would be much darker and so on. Having said that we have had women say they showed positive after only 2 days!! The risk of testing too early being that the fertilised egg may fail and may turn out to be just a heavier period than normal. Experts estimate that 20-30% of all pregnancies end in a miscarriage and many of these manifest themselves as slightly later or heavier periods.

im verry baffled... i just took another HPT and OPK (with different urine). OPK wass full beaming BFP heres some pics of my HPT see what you think...
this was the first test i took this morning..
DSC00828.jpg

these are pictures of my second test..
DSC00829-2-1.jpg

DSC00829.jpg

im sorry about the photography, it was took on my mobile phone next to my fish tank :rotfl:
im guessing the 1st line is Evap (as i took the pic upside down i think LOL) 2ns should be where the result line should be, and the 3rd is the control line :lol:
SOMEBODY PLEASE REPLY IN GOING STIR CRAZY :lol:

Hi don't think I can help but didn't want to read & run...

I've never seen a test with 3 lines before :shock: so no idea what they could be! Really hoping you're right though :hug: Keep us updated!

:hug: :hug:

I hope its a BFP hun, u really deserve this.. keep us updated...

I think its very possible.. because your in a fertile stagex xxx

Jenna's HPT's have 3 lines, if you go to the first page of her thread. Hope it's a BFP for you hun :hug:

i can understand why u dont want to give your hopes up as with a m/c it can take up 2 8 weeks for the hgc to come out of your system. I did a HPT the other day to make sure it was neg so if i get a bfp i kno its a new pregnancy. Maybe a trip to the docs to see wot s/he thinks. i do see the lines on your tests but like you i really dont want to say.

Hope it is a new pregnancy keep us up to date :hug:

Thankyou girls for yor comments. jemz.. i tested for pregnancy and ovulation since my m/c all bfn after 4days with OPK, 2with HPT so i know these lines are "new"... i just dont want to get exited as its so early to get a BFP.. :think:

if u had all bfn's then the line u had must be new. Have u tried another test, one from that batch and try another from a new batch...so excited for you :cheer:

iv took THREE HPTs from same company and all faint line, (three lines) maybe im dipping my stick in for too long??
and iv took 2 OPKs both clear bfps. (i took them as i got my bfp on opk way before a hpt.)

i dont want to go out and waste money on a FR or Cb digi until my period date really IYKWIM? lol. anyway my friend Becky has inspected them all and is pretty exited. :lol:

hun i would wait a few more days then maybe test again if its a bfp it should get darker every day good luck everything crossed for you xxxxxxxx

i have a new pic to share... it is currently the worst pic iv ever taken LOL but have a look-- do you think the lines getting stronger?
DSC00838.jpg

xxx

Cant really tell is there anyway you can take the pic further back a little?! :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back