How important is make up etc? Really?

glitzyglamgirl

Reaction score
Ive NEVER worn make up every day. Ever. I wear it when I go out, for job interviews, that kind of thing...but I refuse to buy into the idea that I have to wear make up to be beautiful.

I shower every day and wash my hair once a week (its so porous anymore than that and it just gets really dry but never goes greasy) I clean my teeth twice a day and make sure my nails look ok and always wear clean and attractive clothes. My pits are never hairy and my head hair is always looking nice-ish. Thats enough.

As far as I'm concerned, aslong as I feel good about my appearance then thats all that should matter. I will never conform to standard beauty stereotypes!

And if I want to slob about on a sunday in my trackies then thats what I will do because it feels damn good :lol:

Who's with me?

I'm afraid to say I wear make-up nearly every day!!

I love my MAC make-up to damn much to give it up.

Me too :cheer:

Don't get me wrong, I love getting dressed up and doing make up and my hair and looking pretty but i would never ever make all that effort when i'm sitting in the house, or even cos i need to pop to the shop for some milk :shock: i brush my hair on a morning and maybe put it in ponytail but i won't bother straightening it unless i'm going out properly.

Make up.. can't stand it, feels like my skin can't breathe. Don't mind on a night out but i still don't wear loads. I think i'm naturally a sexy bitch so why wear make up :rotfl:

Dont get me wrong I dont tart myself up for sitting in the house, but I would have on some mascara and some lipshine.

Nope I rarely wear make-up.
I do occasionally, when I go out, but I actually think I look better without it as opposed to looking like a man in drag! :lol:

kazlin said:
Nope I rarely wear make-up.
I do occasionally, when I go out, but I actually think I look better without it as opposed to looking like a man in drag! :lol:

You always look so naturally beautiful babe you dont need it!

Sweetcheeks I know what you mean about it feeling heavy, I feel like that too when I wear it....it feels like I'm wearing a mask and it changes my facial expressions.

As a side note, my sisters wont greet the milkman without full make up and they both look so much older than me even though Im the eldest....I swear my refusal to wear make up every day has kept my skin nice and soft and (so far) wrinkle free!

I'm with you!!
I only wear make up when I go out for the night................can't be ar$ed to wear it everyday. For one thing its too expensive.

I wear it every day. Not loads, just enough to make me look a bit better. Gotta have my eye make up on though, loads of eyeliner and mascara 8)

I wear make up everyday... i don't wear loads just eye liner and mascara and some lip gloss :)

I wear foundation and blusher to work because I hate my freckles :oops: I also wear it to go out as in a night out, meal etc but not if im in the house or shopping etc...

I never wear it, too much hassle :lol: Think I look better without it anyway :lol:

Rachel said:
I never wear it, too much hassle :lol: Think I look better without it anyway :lol:

Wish I could say that, I look half dead without it :lol:

I do wear make-up every day but never look like I've got any on! I've got that shiny skin that everything seems to slide off :lol:

hmm, im a strange one i think! because in a way im a slob (i live in pyjamas or trackies or leggings and wear my hair loose or in ponytail) but in other ways i preen myself like a cat! i wear make-up every day, shave arms, legs and foo-foo every day (HATE stubble!) wash my hair every 2 days and wear perfume every day. and im always doing laundry. i model myself on those celebs who are pictured wearing PJs and slippers out and about, but with a full face of make-up; and altho their hair is untidy and messy it still looks clean. do u kno what i mean? i think "slob chic" is what its called! :lol:

trixipaws said:
hmm, im a strange one i think! because in a way im a slob (i live in pyjamas or trackies or leggings and wear my hair loose or in ponytail) but in other ways i preen myself like a cat! i wear make-up every day, shave arms, legs and foo-foo every day (HATE stubble!) wash my hair every 2 days and wear perfume every day. and im always doing laundry. i model myself on those celebs who are pictured wearing PJs and slippers out and about, but with a full face of make-up; and altho their hair is untidy and messy it still looks clean. do u kno what i mean? i think "slob chic" is what its called! :lol:

I know what you mean, I wish I could pull that off but when I try it just doesn't work :lol:

GGG Im with you :D If I go out-yes, if Im with home with Daniel or even going to the shops I dont bother. Very rarely I put just some mascara on. And thats it :D I feel beautiful enought with no make up. :dance:

im guilty :oops:

i wear full make up every day and perfume etc but then if im staying in all day will just wear trackie bottoms or pj bottoms but with makeup :rotfl:

i feel naked without it. ive worn it since i was about 14 and cant bare to be without it, my make up bag is probably the most expenisve thing i own, but im also really anti all the cheap stuff in superdrug/boots it feels like paste on your face and does feel heavy.

I used to wear makeup every day when I had bad skin, I was so self-conscious about it! But nowadays I don't wear makeup every day, but when I am going out I will wear a bit of mascara and concealer. I think I look a lot more 'awake' with mascara as my lashes are blonde :roll:

I love my make up but its expensive so im thinking of just wearing a paper bag on my head from now on, its cheap and enviromentaly friendly, perfect :wink:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back