• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

How important is 16 week mw appt??

cosmicgirl

Reaction score
I'm booked for mine tomorrow but just can't face it at the mo, haven't slept a wink all night.
I've heard hb, had nuchal test which was ok.
Is it ok to put it off? x

Put it off Hun I'm only having my 16 week appointment Thursday and I will be 18 weeks on Saturday. You know baby is fine just get yourself sorted x

Thanks hun, I think I will.
I'm shattered x

Mine is tomorrow too :) I don't think it's that Important although she will check urine and blood pressure too! I've heard the HB too :)

I can't see as they did anything particularly urgent at mine, they went through my blood results, tested urine and listened to baby's heartbeat. The rest was just talking about birthing options so I'm sure they won't mind if you put it off. Hope you start to feel a bit brighter later Cos xxx:hugs:

I had mine Friday and it was really for hb and to sign a form for my anti d, you'll be fine to rearrange, hope you feel better soon...

Big hugs..

Xx

Last edited:
same as other girls have said Cos nothing much happens mw went thru blood and urine results let us hear hb and took ma bp that was it ive not to see her again till im 28 weeks as seeing consultant at 24

hope u feel better soon xx

Hey hun. Don't know how important it is really. My area don't do the 16 week mw appt at all. I'd just rest up today if I were you xxx

Last edited:
I've cancelled it, said I'll call back and arrange for another time, I'm in no hurry for it x

Aw hun :( hope you're ok soon :hugs: have you told your oh yet? how does he feel? x x

Oh was there at the scan, he has been very comforting as he knows what it meant to me.
It was strange because when we went in the lady was über bubbly "here's the face, here's the this, here's the that". Neither of us spoke, we just held hands.
The lady and her partner next door were cooing and giggling at their scan, our room was silent.
I just lay on the bed sobbing as quietly as I could, the lady passed me some tissue.
I said thank you and left as quickly as my shaky legs could carry me.
Oh had to stay and chose the two pics, I left x

I had my utrine tested, blood pressure, HB and just why through a few things x

Oh was there at the scan, he has been very comforting as he knows what it meant to me.
It was strange because when we went in the lady was über bubbly "here's the face, here's the this, here's the that". Neither of us spoke, we just held hands.
The lady and her partner next door were cooing and giggling at their scan, our room was silent.
I just lay on the bed sobbing as quietly as I could, the lady passed me some tissue.
I said thank you and left as quickly as my shaky legs could carry me.
Oh had to stay and chose the two pics, I left x

Really glad your oh is understanding hun :hugs: so sorry :( just give it time and I'm sure you'll be fine, just think how great your boys are you have already and your new baby boy will be just as wonderful! :D x x

He is being really good, he knows how upset I was last time and knows it would be worse this time as it was the last chance. He's lovely, he put me in bed, brought me and drink and kept the kids entertained xx

Aw bless him :) glad you're being looked after hun :hugs: x x

He's good to me, he'd thinking this is all his doing (which it is in a way ;) )
He wanted to give me what I've always wanted and he's sad he can't do that x

I haven't told him I've cancelled my mw appointment, he'd just worry x

Aw yeah suppose it is in a way, must be awful for him too then x x

Yeah, I think he's feeling pretty low right now x

You just need to support each other, best you can. Lots of cuddles and kisses :) x x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
joshatflare
Back