How effective is diamorphine in labour?

I had this while being induced with my son, I was convinced it hadn't worked and said to the midwife that it hadn't done anything - she then informed me I had been asleep for the last 2-3 hours, which I knew nothing about!

for the first few days my baby boy fell asleep during feeds and would sleep too long meaning I had to keep trying to wake to feed him.

I didn't have it with my next 2 children, in fact I had no pain relief with them :)

LOL @ being asleep for the past 2-3 hours! :lol: I'm gonna attempt to do no pain relief but I'll see how it goes.:)

I couldn't believe I woke at 5cm. Waters going and off to delivery lol.

I think no pain relief is easier if you go into labour yourself
I just kept putting it off because I was too busy concentrating on breathing out contractions.

I had a couple paracetamol at the start then right into the night I mainly just kept moving and in the bath and ball I took another two before I needed hospital then because I was 7cm I was contracting closer so I kept just putting the G&A off cause I was busy.

I thought I'd have ripped the G&A off the wall when I went in but I just wasn't arsed till the end. She actually was annoying me kept saying remember there's gas there if you want it.

xxxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back