How early did you...

LaurenMM

Reaction score
Start buying things??

Just out of interest because I am desperate to decorate our nursery, buy the cot, the carseat, the pram etc etc lol. Just wondering how soon did you yummy mummies start buying things?

xx

Hi Lauren. Im only 8 weeks and had vowed not to purchase anything till my 12 week scan although my parents have already got us a pram and its at their house. Ive seen some lovely things that Ive bookmarked and seen on Ebay. Then I thought sod it and I have bought a babys first year book, a cushion for the cot and first curl, tooth and lock of hair boxes!

I think about 15/16 weeks and bought my pram at 23 weeks :)

I bought things to start putting away even before wed conceived hun. It entirely up to you when you feel comfortable xxx

I've decided to purchase bits & bobs after 30 weeks, as did a friend of mine. It gives you a great deal of time to save which is something my partner and I need to do!!

All the best, x x x

I was exactly the same lol! I picked up a few bits and pieces before 12 weeks, I was too excited to wait :lol: Got most things between 12-20 weeks(pram, cradle, clothes etc) I just found that it was better for us to start picking things up early and do it a bit at a time rather than all at once.. It's entirely your choice when you feel your ready too though :)

About 20/21 weeks, i was going to start after my 12 weeks scan but was still too scared so waited till after the second scan!

I don't really need anything this time round as I've kept everything from my first pregnancy but I would be happy to start buying after the 12 week scan personally, and I did with my previous pregnancies

I started buying little things every week after my 12 week scan. Started getting the bigger things after 20 wk scan. Its entirely up to you when you feel comfortable to strat buying stuff, great fun getting everything organised :)

x

Thanks for your replies!! I know it's down to me and when I feel comfortable, I couldnt resist and started buying neutral grows @ four weeks!! I realise that it was probs too early but had my 12 weeks scan today and all looks good :) Alot of my friends have told me to start buying nappies and wipes as Ill go through ALOT of those :p think we're getting the cot last week in may when mine and husbands birthdays are out the way!! xx

im dying to buy things for the baby but oh wont let me lol
not till my 12 week scan !! :( sencible really but i dont like been sencible lol x x

I didnt buy anything till yesterday, OH promised if everything was ok at my scan then he would take me to boots after the scan. I had to buy a packet of nappies to get my free changing bag, i bought a little romper vest and a cute little comfort blanket. Ill probally wait till my 16 week scan now, if I can resists boots 3 for 2 offer :) x x

I want a snow suit Ive seen on Ebay, I want it soo much its so cute but no, I cant. Nope.

I'm not sure when I'll buy stuff! Think my hubby would have brought loads by now if I'd let him, he's so excited!

I'm probably going to wait until quite late on just because of my last pregnancy really. I didn't start buying in my last pregnancy until 22 weeks, had the stuff 8 weeks and then had to send it all back. I'm so glad I kept all tags on etc didn't take pram outside or anythin like that so I could send it all back. We had everything pretty much by 30 weeks. Tbh I've go most things we need esp if we have a boy as I have tons of baby gros! Kept the new cot mattress we bought, just didn't get around to sending it back and it was a bargain anyway. I still have a new Avent steriliser and bottles, still got a couple of packs of nappies too! Only really need a pram/car seat/changing bag, bits of clothes and bedding. Oh and could do with a breast pump!

The way I see it really is that things could go wrong at any stage in pregnancy and you have to remain positive or it kills you. I think you just have to enjoy it and go with what feels right for you. All the shops I had bought stuff from were lovely and didn't even question me just told me to bring straight back for a full refund, mamas and papas were amazing, very professional and sorted everything quickly for us.

Have my 12 week scan today so am thinking as its a bank holiday tomorrow that I could maybe go and buy something little.... am worried that I wll burst into tears in Mothercare though if I do it... Will really bring it to life... Also crying from your message Laura and Mum2Adam.... :) I am so going to be a wreck at the scan this afternoon.

Bless, let us know how it goes. I had my 12 week yesterday it was amazing :) just wanna buy stuff each month when i get paid, like this month I think im gonna get a changing unit and maybe the cotbed :p xx

Just watching the clock at the moment... :-( 3 hours to go... Maybe look on Mothercare website to pass the time... :)

Lots of luck today Chookette, i cant wait to see your pics and also to see what you have bought :) will be stalking pf today x x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
candigrams
Back