saving for baby and what will we need??

babyg

Reaction score
Hey girls :dance:

HAPPY NEW YEAR :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

I know its still early days but planning has to start now :)

are any of you saving now ready to get all the things baby will need?

me and bf are goin start saving £200 a month now so its not such an expense nearer the time we havnt got a lot coming in so this is the most we can do, will not be buying anything until after scan etc fx.

i need to make a list of things that we will need too, so far i can think of pram carseat, moses basket, sertilizer, bottles, bouncy chair, i know there is a lot more but was wondering if you could give me some suggestions?

thanks

It seems like there's so much doesn't it!!... and when to start buying as well...
we're saving 200 ish a month. My Nan has said she wants to buy the 'travel system' (the one we've seen has the pram, car seat, carrier and then turns into buggy) and my dad wants to buy the cot. So i guess we're lucky that's two things ticked off!!.
I think it'll be a trip to mothercare when i'm like 4-5months and figure everything we need!!

Last edited:
Travel system
Cot (and bedding)
Wardrobe
Dresser
Moses basket (bedding and stand)
Nappies (lots of!)
Wipes
Changing mat
Bath bits (sponges, baby wash, cotton wool etc)
Clothes (vests and sleepsuits mainly)

There is loads more but that's all I can think of at the mo. if u do a search for kezzas list, there is a really long list of everything. It can be a bit daunting!

There is a list somewhere on here which is scarily comprehensive!!! Remember things like NCT nearly new sales (Google it) as they are a goldmine, Preloved, and ebay also have some great bargains. I've just got a gorgeous moses basket off Preloved for £15 - well chuffed!!!

Thanks

Will look for the list when I'm on laptop and at those sites :) :)

Facebook also have swap shops. U should be able to find one in ur area. I got a mamas and papas Moses basket for £20 :D

I have got quite few big bundles of clothes from there too xx

that was a bargin, my friend has recently had baby and offered me to borrow moses basket,baby bath, soo maybe ill do that? she is going to help me with a list of things we'll need not what you think you need in few months, she said not to go mad and buy lots as you dont use half the stuff and she said not to spend a lot on pram coz they aint worth money and arent in them that long. hopefully her helping me with list will save few pennies :)

I know how u feel, im also just starting to look at it as my 20 week scan will be soon and then its all buy buy buy from there, Luckily mum and dad are paying for my travel system and as it has a pram top i will be using this instead of a moses basket in the cot unless i can acquire one.

theres soo much but am sure it can be done x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back