how do you wash your nappies?

Terrie

Reaction score
different mums have different ways they wash their nappies so i thought it would be interesting to find out how you all wash yours?

i blast mine with the shower head, pre soak them if they really really bad, then put on a 40 degree wash, i then put them in the tumble dryer on a low heat or on the line/radiator.

this works great for me, i wash nappies every day as i hate nappies lying around the house eeeewwww

once a month i wash my nappies without any detergent (theyre clean when i do this wash) just to get out any detergant residue.

how do you clean yours??

I don't,i get new ones.
What kinda nappies You using?!

lol ruthy tezzy uses the cloth nappies instead of disposables.

Tezzy - If they are 'dirty' i usually run the fleece liner under a tap to remove all the poo. if they are wet i just bung them in the nappy bucket. for washing i put them on 40 degrees and for drying i used to put them on a drying rack then finish them off for 5-10minutes in the dryer on low but then i started to get lazy and now its just habit to put them in the dryer on low until they are dry :oops: . Id say i wash mine every day or 2 days depending on when she does her dirty nappy, i dont mind the wet nappy sitting but i hate the dirty nappies sitting for too long. :D

tezzy said:
different mums have different ways they wash their nappies so i thought it would be interesting to find out how you all wash yours?

i blast mine with the shower head, pre soak them if they really really bad, then put on a 40 degree wash, i then put them in the tumble dryer on a low heat or on the line/radiator.

this works great for me, i wash nappies every day as i hate nappies lying around the house eeeewwww

once a month i wash my nappies without any detergent (theyre clean when i do this wash) just to get out any detergant residue.

how do you clean yours??

i rinsethem in the washer then wash them on a 60 wash then hang them out to dry or stick them on the clothes horse.
i bring them in before they are too dry and stick them in the tumbler to fluff them up

budge said:
i rinsethem in the washer then wash them on a 60 wash then hang them out to dry or stick them on the clothes horse.
i bring them in before they are too dry and stick them in the tumbler to fluff them up

I do what she does :D

And I put a few drops of tea tree or lavender in the wash too.

Same as Minxy and budge. I couldn't wash every day as I would only have 5 nappies in there. But I have a good bucket with a tight fitting lid and that keeps any niffs in.

Minxy said:
budge said:

I do what she does :D

And I put a few drops of tea tree or lavender in the wash too.

well i should hope you do being as you told me thats the way to do it :rotfl: :hug:

i wash about twice a week as i got plenty of nappies :D

i was every 3 - 4 days. I flick the poo into the loo (well more shake it off the fleece tbh) and then dump it in a bucket until wash day :)

I was at 40 with non bio and if i think they need it some soda crystals and vinegar to soften them up.

I hang them on my airer to dry them. Inside on a bad day, outside on a good.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kayx94
Back