how do you wash your muslin squares?

Dee1985

Reaction score
iv never used them before but as you girls swear by them i have went and got 6!!!

there great seems Harley is sick alot, but i just put 2 in the wash with all my other whites on a 50degree wash as they were all so dirty then i put them in the tumble dryer, now they are half the size and gone all out of shape??

was it how hot the wash is or cuz i put them in dryer???

It could be your dryer hun,

My clothes come out mis shaoen if they have been in the dryer.
I just put underwear in there now.

Hang them on the line when you can or radiators.

:D

I bung mine on the radiator. I have boil washed them before but when they are dry I just iron them out flat and it makes them lovely and soft again :) I have about 14 or 15 of the things floating about my house.

i dont boil eva's whites as most of them say not to. then i put them in the dryer and they never go out of shape. maybe it was the heat of the wash? hmm strange

Mine are ok washed on 40 and tumble dried.
They only take 2 mins on the radiator or washing line though.

mine wen i used them went in the wash n then the dryer he wasnt sick often so they werent really used lol

ToriElla said:
i dont boil eva's whites as most of them say not to.

Only the muslin cloth's I boil wash! They can be washed on a 90degree wash - they were meant for terry nappies after all so they need to be sturdy :)

Everything else goes on a 50C quick wash.

Mine do go a bit out of shape, but ironing them returns them to theiir former glory. Although to be honest, if I'm not in the mood to iron I just grab it off the rad and use it crinkly!

Never had a tumble dryer so dunno about that.

xx

I just put mine in a 50 degree wash with the rest of my whites and they seem to be fine. I let them dry over the clothes horse and then iron them.

:lol: :lol:

Are the ones you brought 100% cotton? If not that may be why the stains dont come out easily :lol:

Nope they are cotton. I normally bung them in a normnal wash unless I've got lots to wash, then I do a hot wash. It's the bibs which I struggle to get carrot out of! :lol:

mine look al crinkley at the mo so if i iron them they should be fine :)

I wash them at 60 degrees, then on the radiator or on the line now its sunny :D

dONT IRON THEM HUN YOU HAVE ENOUGH TO DO LOL, I LEAVE MINE ALL CRINKLY :oops:

I was mine at 60 degrees then bung in the dryer, I use them crinkly as well - it's probably just my imagination but they seem more absorbent when they're crinkly.

I found some blue muslins and pink muslins in Asda at the weekend, made a nice change from the white ones.

Lucy

I wash everything on 40 degrees and dry everything on the radiator except towels cos it makes them crispy :lol:

I wash everything on a 40 degree wash and line dry or tumble dry. The only things I occasionally boil wash are her nappies if they are heavily soiled but it is usually 40 degrees. I swear by napisan, I put it i her white wash and it is great x

Sorry - whats an iron again??? haven't used one since ewan was born so every one has crinkly clothes!! :think:
My muslins r in and out of the dryer so much i just don't bother ironing em, got other things i'd much rather dooo!! :dance:

Sorry - whats an iron again??? haven't used one since ewan was born so every one has crinkly clothes!!

Ditto! :lol: Everything goes in the machine on a normal 40 degree wash, then line dried. Normally blows the creases out ;)

I must be sad then :oops:

I iron everything except fitted sheets and underwear!!!

Can't imagine not ironing things!!!! :lol:

I iron everything except socks & muslins (although I have done muslins in the past), I like ironing :D

I don't have enough time to do everyones though, so I just do Rubies and pay my mum to do the rest :oops:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kayx94
Back