How do you get through to 11/12 weeks?

tortoisebabe2007

Reaction score
Hi

How do you do it, It seems to take an age for a day to pass, Every ache, pain etc, I get extremly up tight about, Im so worried that I will lose the baby :(

Every time I go to the loo Im expecting blood! I want to be really excited but I feel I cant, I dont want to get my hopes up, I cant seem to share everyones excitement.

Anyone got any tips on how to calm down?

Becky xxx

It is hard, believe me I know...

All you can do is try and stay positive... Eat the right things, rest as much as you can...

If you really feel that your anxiety is getting out of hand then go and visit your GP and explain things... Maybe (only maybe) they'll send you for an early scan to put your mind at rest...

Good Luck Hun and remember you are not alone... :)

I feel a lot like you - except maybe with a little less worry. I'm so desperate for this time to fly by but it doesn't (or at least for me it hasn't yet).

I got back ache last week and convinced myself that it meant something awful - eventually I took 2 paracetamols and it disappeared! I relaxed so much and decided I'm not going down that road again - if two paracetamols could knock the pain on the head it can't have been that serious. I think I've become hyper sensitive which makes slight aches feel like REAL pain. I'm also reminding myself that if I'm really worried I can call my GP.

Another thing that helped me was to realise that the odds ARE in the baby's favour - even at these early days if the slightest thing could kill the baby then in years gone by backstreet abortionists would never have made a living! The odds are a baby is on the way and those odds grow stronger week by week. That realisation makes me smile.

We're pregnant girl! :dance:

Floppit, thanks for those kind words, you have made me feel much better. how far gone are you?

Ruthie, Thanks, Im glad im not the only person feeling this way.

I think I'm 6 weeks and 4 days gone but that depends whether week 1 is counted at the begining of a week or after week 1 has been completed! GAH! Anyway the doc gave me a due date of March 28th if that makes things any clearer.

I swear I can confuse meself into oblivion!

My due date is 31st march.

I havent seen a doctor as my doctors poicy is once you are pregnant then you go straight to the midwife, so I wont see any healthcare prefessional!!! until 6 september

hmm tht doesnt seem right, you should be able to see ur midwife at around week 8, cos they do ur bloods and a general check up plus they book u in for a 12 week scan. i know its different for different places but im pretty sure ur supposed to see a midwife b4 12 weeks no matter where u are

I havent seen a doctor as my doctors poicy is once you are pregnant then you go straight to the midwife, so I wont see any healthcare prefessional!!! until 6 september

That was the first response I got!! To top it off I was on antibiotics that shouldn't be taken while pregnant! Not only that but the stroppy receptionist told me NOT to go to the NHS Direct Walk in Centre because they were for emergancies only! My best mate is a prescribing nurse (read bloody well qualified) at said NHS direct WIC and she was smegging furious - they ARE there for advice, hence 'Walk in Centre' rather than 'Accident and Emergancy'.

I changed GP's!! I asked in advance what their practice was and luckily the first one I rang had me in to see the nurse to register and then the doc in the same week.

I told my EX GP's that I wasn't going to fight for care - I'd go where it was offered. I'm 36 yrs old and statistically that can be a downer but on the flipside I'm way past being told what to do by a receptionist!

youngmum2b...

The midwife is on holiday, so she said she would see me at 10 weeks and that it would be fine.

I feel so scared too, every time i go to the toilet i also expect to see blood, i thought it was just me!!, i am so glad i am not going crazy..

Sometimes i put off going to the toilet cos i doint want to find out anything bad, but i remember feeling the same with baby number 1 and everything was fine, after weks 14 i felt more relaxed, i think i am due on the 22nd march, havent seen the doctor yet, takes so long for an appointment at my practice, but my mum is a midwife so i feel relaxed when i ask her quetions,

I try to get baby jayden to go for a nap every afternoon about 1 for an hour, i find that helps me feel better, he is 4 months so he still needs good nap time and it suits me just fine! housework can just wait :D

I feel exactly the same! I go to the loo 10 times a day and am constantly checking for blood! I have calmed down a little over the weekend! I kinda figure if its gonna happen I cant do much about it! Dont get me wrong I want this more than anything - but all the worring cant help! I am just trying to relax and eat well and get plenty of rest!
The next 6 weeks are gonna be hard!

x
x

yes i have 7 weeks!!! but Im trying to be calm now, like you said if its gonna happen...

Time started to speed up after week 10 somehow, probably after I started telling people

But try not to worry - I had bleeding at weeks 6 and 8 and it was nothing. It's nice to get to week 12 but you still worry about every little thing - I think I'll be worrying for the next 18 years! At the same time though, the best thing is just to relax and enjoy the early days :D

I'm the same and have to admit I am still testing :shock:

My doc put me forward 5 weeks but I bet I get put back at the scan.

I duno how i got through it now, its weird when you put it like that.

I remeber finding lots of baby programmes to watch, buying the magazines and just keeping busy at work. But having a LO already keeps my busy too

hi there

im 10 weeks and three days i no how u feel coz i feel da same keep on checking for any blood i get aches and pains then i get very paranoid its hard to control how u feel. but most people have been saying to me take it esay also if u need advice speak to ur gp. take each day as it goes. i cant wait till im 3months den my worries r over.

all da best jade xXx

Babylicious Im still testing too!!!! not everyday about twice a week! I tested friday so I think I am about due!
:rotfl:

everytime I go to tescos I buy a test :rotfl: today the test didn't work - no sodding ink in it, so I'm sending it back :evil:

I just took it week by week and enjoyed the little emails I got through updating me on the baby's progress.

As for the midwife thing - in my area it's standard not to see the midwife until 11 - 15 weeks. I've had my scan, but I don't see the midwife until the 8th August.

I'm still going around telling people that im keen to enjoy this pregnancy as I'm not planning to have anymore.. and yet... sickness and ligament pain has been relentless and came crashing down almost from the start. Can't wait to see what fun I'm going to have in second tri. :D Oh, and shouldnt I be in there already??

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ARCHIATER
Back