11-12 weeks on

reillybaby1987

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I'm michelle and i'm 24 years old, i found out i was pregnant on the 3rd september after my period hadn't arrived in august...my breasts got bigger and sore and i just felt tired all the time so i decided to do a test and thats when i found out, i was a bit shocked to begin with as i really thought i couldn't have children, i was with my ex boyfriend for 4 and a half years and never fell pregnant, then we split up in December and it was April time i met the father of the baby, and fell pregnant within a month of seeing each other :O

I think i'm roughly about 11-12 weeks now and due to get my first scan next week :-D its all getting quite exciting now.

Just want to know is anyone else out there going to be a single mum? and do you have family supporting you and things? the reason i ask is the father of the baby chose to believe my family over me, they caused alot of trouble and were downright nasty with the things they were coming out with against me, so now he doesnt believe this babu is his due to their lies etc but hes the one choosing to believe it!!! :wall2::shock::mad:

Michelle xx

Hi Michelle

I'm new to this forum too, I'm around 10/11 weeks and have my scan on Friday, very excited!!!

I really feel for you in your situation, but it is possible to be a successful mama with no bloke around. I'm lucky second time around for me I have an amazing partner. But first time around, even though me and babys father were 'together' for the first year of babys life, he was hardly there, and then I decided to move on and do it by myself, they still see each other and my son is now 4 and a very happy child. I'll not pretend that it's easy but it certainly shouldn't put you off the fact that you are going to be a mama. It's the most amazing thing in the world, and also, you'll have no one to fight with over parenting decisions etc!! And also, if you look for it there are all sorts of things regarding help, that will be available to you too. But be warned, you're going to be knackered for the first year!!(at least!!)

I wish you all the best and guaruntee that you're in for the most wonderful experience

Emma xx

Welcome both of you :wave:

Yanno some women end up single parents even with their men still around, anyone can make a baby but not everyone can raise one....at least you know from the start you will be the only one the baby has to thank when he grows up.
There is a single parent section on the forum and in all of the rooms you will get as much support and advice we can give you hun xxxxxxxxxxxx

Thank you, i do believe it will be very hard bringing up baby on my own, but i have great friends and my dads family are brilliant so i'm sure i will get through it :D

I've actually had it quite easy so far no sickness or anything just sore boobs and tiredness but i'm not as tired as i have been, its just trying to get used to lying a different way in bed as ive lay on my belly ever since i was a baby so it kinda messed up my sleeping routine lol but it will all be worth it in the end :D

michelle xx

im also going to be a single mum and bricking it completely as ive got a fabulous job, its gonna be hard but as long as u have the support you shoudl be fine, im not sure what support ive got yet x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back