How do your Christmas Eve preperations go....

Status
Not open for further replies.

WILMAFLINSTONE

Reaction score
Ah this is just as exciting and important as the big day for us!!!

We have a special breakfast when David is off work which this year he will be....

Then we prepare all the veg, meat, trimmings etc etc for lunch!

We tidy the house and put all the fruit and sweets out on the living room table...yummy!

I set my dining room table....thats my job lol and I LOVE doing it!!!

Then we usually alternate what we do on Christmas Eve.....
One year we go out for a meal and the next we stay in and I make a buffet supper, we watch TV/film and go to Midnight Mass!

So last year we went out for a meal so this year we will be staying in and having a buffet supper and especially as Matilda likes her bed we wont be going out to Midnight Mass this year either!! ;-( but will when shes a little older!

Santa leaves pJs slippers and dressing gown on Kates bed (and Matilda's too now) and some magic dust to sprinkle before bed!

Then Kate goes to bed, we watch MMass on TV, 'Santa' brings the presnts out and puts them under the tree then we all go to bed!

Perfect!!! xxx

Stress stress stress lol
There is always things I've forgot so always end up back at the shops.

Bath kids santa leaves them a present each on the front door step (pj's slippers etc)

Get them up to bed then spend the next 5 plus hours building wrapping putting together then tidying all our mess up.

I'm not good on Xmas eve it's too stressful lol

I love Christmas eve, I find it as magical as Christmas day normally but I've got to work it this year :(
So not really sure what will happen! I'm hoping it'll still fill magical even though I'll only see the kids for a hour before they go to bed :(

Xmas eve to me is better than xmas day!! Normally im on my own as hubbies work gets really busy over xmas and he normally lets the guys with kids have the time off and he goes in to cover for them. SO if we are doing xmas I would be going to the butchers in the morning to collect the turkey, normally a cup of tea then at my mum and dads. Then I would start the cooking for the big day. I cook my turkey on xmas eve so I dont have to worry about it in the morning.
When hubbie gets home we have a chinese take away and we exchange one present which is normally a comedy dvd which we watch that evening.
Excited just thinking about it!!
xxxxx

Our Christmas Eve (which i hope to carry on): Since i was little we've always gone to the cinema and the McD's...this was obviously just a reason to get us out of the house while mum wraps presents so she's not up half the night doing it. this has carried on year from year and its now a tradition...my sisters kids love it just as much as we did...its the first excitement of christmas! :)

2 years a go I went out drinking and came back with my OH :)
Last year we were meant to be cellibrating this but because of the snow (and my parent's living in the country side) I got picked up to make sure I made x-mas day
This year god know's as baby's due on x-mas eve!

Recently I've spent it either working or being out on the beer :blush: this year - who knows I might be either: in the throws of labour, rushing round after a newborn or sitting here like a beached whale wondering when I'm gonna pop! :lol: one thing is for sure the tin of Roses is officially opened on christmas eve and that's it!!

Here is ours- we are starting our 'Traditions' for Christmas this year now we have a proper family :)

Afternoon

Take Ella to see Santa/ reindeer and bake cookies for santa

Mummy and Ella watch Polar Express (to give daddy some time to do anything he needs to do unless he wants to join us).

Put all the Christmas treats out in the living room for Christmas eve/Christmas day and Boxing day.

Mummy to set the dining room table for our Boxing day dinner that we will have just the 3 of us while Ella and Daddy dance to Bob Dylan's Christmas CD

Early evening
Put Ella to bed after she has left milk and cookies out for Santa and carrots for the reindeer - Daddy to read the night before Christmas.

Later Evening
Curry, bucks fizz and a Christmas movie of some description.
Leave Ella's stocking under the tree :)

Tradition for the last 15 years or so has always been the same. Good breakfast, bit of wrapping. Edward Scissorhands, The Nightmare Before Christmas, Wallace and Gromit: The Wrong Trousers, all whilst wrapping leftover gifts and eating munchies with a glass of wine. Or Schloer in my case cause I don't drink lol.
This year will probably change that though because I moved out and it'll be my first Christmas married so I have no idea what I'm doing....

It depends what we are doing over the Christmas Period.

Last year was mine and Hubby's first 'married' Christmas so we spent it together just the two of us. I assume we'll probably see my folks at some point on Christmas Day this year so most likely see the inlaws on Christmas Eve.

Traditionally though we've always made a point of having something for dinner that is light and not Christmas related, as its such an indulgence on the day itself.

We've always gone to Midnight Mass, I used to love it as a kid, and I still do, and I still get that magical feeling walking out the church to the sound of the bells knowing its Christmas Day, and we always opened one present before bed. The only difference is I now drag husband along to the Church.

Ahaaa they all sound fab....frankie I love MM just going to have to wait till Matilda is a little older to go now lol xxx

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back