how different?

sarah0202

Reaction score
just wondering those of you who have had more than 1 child how different were your labours? my first was quite good really just took 2 hours to push him out which was the hardest bit for me if i knew things would be quite similar i will be ok but i'm starting to worry that maybe i had it easy first time and this time it will be really bad!

Mine were pretty similar except for the length of time spent pushing. DD (1st) I was pushing for about an hour and DS (2nd) arrived after 3 minutes of pushing! I also spent the majority of labour with DS at home as I knew a bit more what to expect (and had wanted a home birth) x good luck x hope it goes smoothly for you x

i was wondering this too as although my labour was relatively short with my DS i ended up with a 3rd degree tear and hoping it doesnt happen this time!!!

Definitely found it easier second time around :)
Labours were relatively similar, but pushing stage much quicker and easier second time .... Also got to have a water birth this time, which I think kept me more relaxed too.
No stitches etc..second time either... Maybe there's a bit more room around there now :eek:
Anyway..... Think I "enjoyed" labour more second time, you know it's not going to last forever, and can recognize the stages, so you know when you're getting somewhere.
Am sure all will go great for you again this time :)

thankyou girls i managed on only gas and air first time round and that was only for 5-10 mins as i was already 10cm because i had started to bleed in the morning which is why i went in i didn't get checked for a couple of hours by which time i was 10cm so i know i can manage that bit if it feels the same the only thing i want different is that i was pushing for an hour to try to break my own waters which didn't happen so they broke them for me then had another hour of pushing so would prefer them broke before i start to push this time xxx

My two labours couldn't have been more different! My first I was in labour fr 23 hours with about 3 hours of pushing time :shock: 2nd my active labour was recorded as 3 minutes and had only been having irregular contractions for about an hour before!!

My 1st labour was 6 hours, pushing took about 40mins
2nd labour was just under 4 hours, recorded as 54min labour,pushing for only 30mins
2nd labour was alot easier and only had a graze xx

I've had 2 quick labours 4 hours for first and 1 1/2 hours for second with a tens machine for first and nothing for second so I recon they do get quicker! Main difference for me was my DD was 10 days late and DS 4 weeks early, wasn't expecting that!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back