How did you get pregnant?!

We never really tried .. Just didn't try not to if you get me :) was relaxed about the whole thing x

With my son i was on tge pill he was unplanned me and my partener hadnt been together long my daugther we were trying and i was becomin obbsessed in the end i gave up and thought i would never happen that month i got pregnant this one we werent tryin but werent preventing and got my bfp before i even had my period after my daugther so happened very quickly by my date i had my daugther 19 and a half weeks ago (she didnt make it by the way) and im now 18+1 i defenatly think the ntnp relaxed approch works a treat :) hope that helps a bit xxx

We were similiar to yourselves, quite relaxed but then it was taking a while. I didn't want to get into checking cycles etc, so we decided to dtd every 2-3 days. We did this for six weeks and we got the BFP after this. I know there's times you might not feel like it, but I would keep it up for a few months at least. At best, it will work and at worst you know you've tried and know that not doing it enough is not the issue.

rather than having sex purely for having a baby we relaxed a bit as we knew we were on ivf waiting list etc, and lo and behold we got pregnant october.november 2012 (had been ttc 16 mths altogther).....so i agree to have plenty of sex....but at same time i feel it was being relaxed and actually wantong to have sex and enjoying it that did the job for us....i think how we feel really affects it!

lots of luck hun xxx

That makes sense! Its annoying cos when we first got together it was more fun but too soon to start a family! Its difficult at the moment to feel close to my husband because he really upset me by saying that he's never really wanted a family but would do it because its what I want. It makes me feel that we are in different places and I think you need to create a baby out of love. :family:

I came off the pill in the late summer, and we agreed to just see what happened. We were working long hours and like ships passing in the night (or crashing into bed exhausted), so not paying any attention!

On holiday in January, and coupled with a few symptoms, and a realisation I couldn't remember when my last period was, I suddenly thought I might be pregnant! Waited until I returned from holiday, took a pregnancy test, and it was positive. 7 weeks pregnant!

Actually - it was February, I remember now, we had Valentines Day when we were away, and we had champagne which I barely touched as I just didn't fancy it (and champagne is my FAVOURITE drink! :lol: )

Last edited:
Well he put his winky in my foofoo and the rest is history! :rofl:

Seriously though lol, we were actively ttc for 4 months but it got really stressful and got to the point where sex just felt mechanical so we decided to forget about ttc, never use ovulation kits and not time when think about it. 2 months later I got pregnant! And that month we only had sex once :dance : I'm sure stress affects ttc so much xxx

Tapatalking so can't see sigs or click thanks!

Me and my husband decided to start trying in January of this year and by March I found out I was pregnant, However, I had been preparing my body for about 8 months. I came off the pill a few months after we got married, in about July 2012 and just waited until my periods became more natural and regular. Once all of this was out of my system I think I gave myself the best chance of falling pregnant quickly. We had sex a lot more than usual aswell, and I lied there for a while afterwards, rather than going straight to the toilet!. Baby number 1 on it's way! (still in shock)

We started trying in Dec 2012, but were both full of cold and could barely hold hands, never mind anything else! Jan & Feb I stressed myself out with OPKs and we were DTD every other day, but nothing happened. March was a no go as my husband was away for two weeks, which fell on my fertile time. Then in April, just after a holiday abroad (they do say being relaxed is the key), we decided to DTD everyday and to abandon OPKs. And for the first time since trying I slept with the 'goods' inside (sorry TMI) and bingo! We also had an extremely boozy wedding the weekend after I ovulated - I kept thinking that we hadn't been successful so really let my hair down, relaxed and enjoyed myself - not sure if that helped? Still hard to believe that it's happened!
Really hope it happens for you soon! x

as i'm only sixteen it wasn't planned!! it only took us one night of unprotected sex and it must've happened quick as i took the morning after pill less than twelve hours later and our little peanut still got through, clearly meant to be!! and now we're both so excited to meet our determined little peanut!x

Yes it must have been meant to be! I hope that doesn't mean that I'm not meant to be a parent though, that would be very cruel as I've always loved children and have been waiting for the chance for years!
-------------------------

When your child comes along you will also have the advantage of a loving home and a wealth of knowledge and experience. Some people aren't in a situation to offer those things, so your baby will be very lucky xx

Thanks! It seems as if the relaxed approach wins!
Its difficult to know what to do next because we did that for a year and a half with no luck and have now been doing the 'trying hard' method for 5 months!
Maybe lots of sex but not thinking about babies?! Easy!!! :fib:

I had been on the pill for 13 years solid when we decided to start ttc in June last year.
I stopped the pill first of June and used condoms for one month first (I'd read better not to get pregnant first month so you can understand cycles - can't believe I thought it could be that easy to get pregnant lol)

9 months later .... opks ... temp charts .... Legs in air .... Per natal vitamins ..... Concieve plus...... Dtd all the blooming time! You name it! Last month used cbfm and got bfp (although I actually don't think this made me do anything differently to what I had in previous months)

I downloaded an app called P Tracker that actually told us when it was best to get on it! Brilliant. Would definitely recommend. I find the mood usually follows once you get started ;)

It took me 6 months conceive my little girl, as i came off the pill after being on it for 15 years. But as I was on the coil this time it happened on the first month of trying. My oh was really ill with a very high temp the week before OV. So I'd pretty much written the month off. But he felt better during the peak fertile time and we managed to dtd twice that weekend. Must of been some very resilient swimmers at his temp hit 104 at one point so I thought he'd killed them all!

Happy bumps everyone, and lots of baby dust to those trying. :)

My OH doesn't respond well to the pressure of TTC bless him lol and we had a few incidents in our first couple of months trying where he couldn't finish. So having lots and lots of sex just for the sake of TTC wasn't really an option for us, we had to take a more relaxed approach and hope that quality would win out over quantity haha! We conceived 3rd month of trying and we only DTD twice xxx

I was due to get my IUD replaced in April 2012 when I was 42. Had been thinking about another bubba since turning 40 (midlife crisis) but the realisation that if I had my IUD replaced then that would be me pretty much out of the game. After discussing with my OH, he came round to the idea and I had my IUD removed in June 2012. I had 1 period and then got a bfp at the end of July, which I was very surprised about. We hasn't been really going for it and I wasn't doing any of the psychotic testing at that stage. Unfortunately, I had a mmc whilst I was in holiday in August. After medical management I didn't have a period until the beginning of November which is when we started trying again. I started doing opks and taking my temperature to see if that would help. It enabled me to pin down ovulation but ruined the whole ttc process because I was stressed if we couldn't dtd when I got a smiley face on the opk and this seemed to be a real turnoff for my other half too. If I have any advice
I would recommend not going too bonkers with temping/charting/opks. Just have regular sex and try to enjoy the process. Good luck with your ttc journey Blueflower. xxx

Had an implant. Had it out in jan. had two cycles where I watched what happened and logged dates etc (we were not ttc and used condoms) then third month we went for it. I did ovulation tests and was pretty confident I knew where I'd ovulate. We then had a disaster as we got stuck in snow for 48 hours and really did not have the opportunity / desire to dtd. However when we got out of that I thought I had missed the window. But I did an ovulation test and it looked good so we dtd. Not sure if that was the day but we then had lots of nice dtd as we were on holiday. A few days later I felt pregnant but had to wait to day after af due to get my bfp. So we got lucky first time if trying but to be fair I had done my research and given my body time to adjust post removal of implant. I truly believe if its meant to be it will as I'm sure my body held of ovulating due to my stranded disaster!

It was quiet odd, we tried for a few years, I had 3 deaths in the family last year, my aunt that died was convinced my gf was pregnant when she was Alive, but she wasn't, after she and my other aunt died(through smoking), Me and my girlfriend quit smoking (December 30th 2012), after trying for years to get preg, 3rd February it happened, and were here today going good :) still quit, almost 6month now :)

Also want to point out, we only did it once in February's "can get preg period" hence the reason I know it was 3rd :)

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk 2

I've never been on the pill etc has we always used just condoms & had a safe accident free 11 years.

We used a ovulation app on our first month of November & had a BFP December 28th 2012, sadly we lost this baby to MMC February 11th 2013.

Upon recovering post ERPC we got pregnant to whom I'm carrying now, we didn't intentionally try, but I also had a inclin from my body that I was ovulating that weekend.

We had been trying for 5 months. Getting ourselves stressed out as half the time when I ovulated he was on night shift so I would't see him as I left for work before he got home and he had left for work before I got home. We decided just to forget about it and booked to go on holiday. As it turns out it is the best thing we ever did. Working the dates out I fell pregnant while we were away. Best money spent ever. x

The month I got pregnant I'd decided to make some changes in order to save money as me and my husband were thinking of setting up a business. One of the the changes was to start using a reusable menstrual cup instead of tampons for my periods. So, the month I conceived I really wasn't bothered if I got pregnant or not because if I did - yay I was having a baby, but if I didn't - yay I got to try my new soft cup! So I'm thinking that the more relaxed attitude is what helped us conceive :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back