how many days before ovulation did you BD, leading to prncy?

Andrianne

Reaction score
Is it more common to conceive when you make love on the day of ovulation? One day before? 2? 3? Just curious

Thanks

I was under the impression that you couldn't conceive before ovulation.

I am convinced that I conceived on the day of ovulation, because my temperature didn't just go up a little bit like it normally does when I ovulate. It literally shot up through the roof!

My normal temperature - 36.0
My ovulation temperature - 36.5
My temp on day of ov/conceiving - 37.3 !!!!!!

I suspected straight away that we had cracked it. Everything felt different somehow to what it normally did.

I really couldn't answer this as we started BD about a week and a half after AF and didn't stop for around 2 weeks, so it could've been anytime...... :lol:

You can't conceive before ovulation! You might make love before ovulation and conceive when you ovulate, though, because sperm can live in the reproductive tract for up to 72 hours.

I read somewhere that Y-chromosomes (for boys) move
faster but don't last as long as X-chromosomes (for girls),so have sex as close as possible to ovulation if a boy is what you want. If you try to conceive two to four days before you ovulate, you'll most likely have a girl.

There are a few schools of thought on that though...and it remains to be seen...we conceived by making love on ovulation day and then two days later, it being a busy weekend (we had guests *naughty giggle*)

Sue

Hey all

I should rephrase the question... I know conception takes place on O day. Like Tiny Sue suggested, I meant how many days before O did you make love.

Thank you for your answers

xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back