How did you find going from 1 to 2 children?

katie05

Reaction score
Ive been trying to imagine what its going to be like with another lo around. Im sooo excited but cant imagine it not being the 3 of us if that makes sense :? We take our lil boy out and about alot and was wondering if its alot more difficult to do things when you have 2.

What was you age gap and did you find it harder or easier than you thought it would be? I keep thinking they are going to keep eachother awake all night!

xx

i am finding it relitively easy atm, they both go to bed at about 8/9pm and both get up around 7. however it might be a different story when ryan moves into his own room! :hug:

I found it quite easy too TBH.
Saying that what age gap have you got?

I went from 1-2 when Mason was 4, now I've gone from 2 to 3 while Brody is 2, which is harder but still OK as long as you make individual time for each, and keep them involved in the baby care etc so they don't feel left out.

I found it relatively easy but I have a bigger age gap. While the get up at the same time, lil miss goes to bed an 2 hours before Tia so I have time to dedicate to both girls of an evening... plus Tia is at school all day which helps too.

Our oldest was 4 when we had another one and it hasn't been too hard. First few weeks were heaven, the baby just slept and Josh loved his new role as a big brother. He still does, his baby brother is his favourite person ever and I love the bond they have.

Going for days out is so much harder with 2 though. We stayed overnight at a hotel last weekend and the amount of stuff we had to take was unbelieveable!

I was most worried about not having enough time to spend with Josh anymore and for a while I found it really hard and got myself upset over it, but now when I finish work I go and collect him from school and leave Ryan at nursery for a few hours so that me and Josh have a bit of time for just the 2 of us.

Bedtime isn't really a problem, they go to bed at the same time in the same room. Josh hardly ever wakes up during the night, even if Ryan is screaming :lol:

I think everyone worries about going from 1 to 2 but once LO is here you'll forget what it was like before, things just fall into place and you settle into your own family routine :) :hug:

My eldest was 5 and a half when Aimee was born and I found it quite easy. The only problems I had was cos I had left such a big age gap that you forget how much hard work newborns are. Going from 2 to 3 I found a total nightmare an I still find it hard now although Nathan is now 15 months but there is only a 13 month age gap between them so it might be down to that.

i have 10 months between my 2. I have good days (2day!) and bad (2 days ago :( ) But thats because my youngest just screamed all day and i couldnt do anything and hannah takes ALL my time at the moment. BUT thats dosent happen everyday. Genrally i found it hell of alot harder when i was heavly pregnant and with a little one to chase.

Its hard work, yep. But its also lovely work.

I found going from 1 -2 pretty easy! There was 10 1/2 months between my first and second! I found going from 2-3 even easier though lol!
This time I wont be so lucky! My youngest is now 6, she will be nearly 7 when pip is born and its easy at the moment, I d ont have to do that much with them, they entertain themselves alot but when pip is here?? I will be back to being busy again hahaha

Anyone out there had a big gap between first and second ? i'm a bit worried about how my son is gonna cope with a little one around - am sure it'll be fine and am spendin lots of quality time with my son now - me n OH decided to try n spend loads of time with him now when we can just doin stuff together cos we know we won't have much time when the baby arrives in the first few months x x x

Im sure you son will be fine Fly!
He will be at the age where they can help out and will probably want to do things for his baby bro/sis! :hug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DreamRapeVic
Back