Mums of 2 or more

Duds

Reaction score
Just wanted to ask a couple of questions ...

Do you recommend a certain age gap, closer together or further apart?

Is it really hard to cope with more than one? (I just cant get my head around how people deal with 2 demanding babies without having a breakdown!)

Did you find pregnancy easier second time around?
Was the birth quicker/less painfull?

Sorry for all the questions, I just want to know what im letting myself into if I do decide to have more children

x

hiya, well theres is 15 month between my 2 angels, i wanted them close(not that close but concieved like 1st time!!! :roll: ) and as u can see im still ajusting as callum is only 10 days! but i reccomend having them close, as if u w8 like a few years wen 1 is at school u still have 2 watch the other etc etc, i think it will b easier 2 manage wen there older, but wen there young it is hard, but is very rewarding!!

pregnancy was worse for me(but everyone is different) is very hard with a toddler wen ur 30+weeks!!!!

birth was very quick(an hour!!!!! compared 2 22 wi chloe!!!) was more painfull but thats cos i needed an epidural 1st time and had callum naturally

at the end of the day i think its down 2 the person. Everyone has different views!! hope this helps a bit :hug:

I'll let you knwo in 36 weeks :)
Are you thinking of doing it again babe?

its funny i was going to post something very similar, i was wondering how hard really is it with 2??

sophie is just 2yrs and to be honest she isnt a bad kid, but who knows what she will be like after baby has come,

do u manage 2nd time round better ie night time feeds etc?

are u less stressed about everything?

iam really looking forward to seeing what my life is like when baby arrives

my pregnancy was just the same 2nd time round, labour is no easier but alot lot lot faster. 18hrs with my first 1 hour with Harley.
being preg is hard though if you do it as close as i did, as Dior still wasnt walking and i was carrying her around still and changing bums ect.

if you dont drive then think hard about having 2 so close its so hard to get out the house.

i love having Dior and harley close they have the same routine bath and nap and sleep times which is good so i still get alot of me time. all that i really hate is going out
double the nappies bottles food buggy

your just about to leave the house then one of them poohs then you are about to leave again the other one poohs and i seem to go round in circles

but overal its great fun seeing Dior be protective and looking after Harley :angel:

sophie27 said:
does dior look after harley hun?

she is very protective of him, she dont bother with him that much but when some one comes round she stands next to him him her hand on his belly. and dont move till they have gone
or when we are out in the double buggy and another lil child goes by she points to harley to show them :angel:

sophie will love it she will think she is the mummy though Dior does some times, so this is what i have to do

mini me 8)

if i had my time again id have mine close together again. My first two i had 15 months apart and now they are coser than close and its lovely.

that pic is so cute, i got sophie a doll like that for her birthday with the idea she copy's me with feeding baby etc :hug:

I have to agree with budge

There's only 21 months betweens Ethan (6) and Callum (4) but they are as close as anything they play together and get on really well although when they do fight it's like a boxing match :), they're are so close we can't even get them to sleep in seperate beds (which is a nightmare)

It was hectic when they were really little but as long as your alittle organised you can get through it.

Although saying that I'm glad there'e a bigger gap between the boys and lily, they're both back at school next week so I can spent some proper quality time with her and really appriciate everything she does.

xSuzx

My daughter is 4 1/2 and my son (as you can see from ticker) is 18 weeks old.
Although I thought I would have liked 2 close together due to me training etc. I had to wait. HOWEVER, I really like the age gap I have got!! My daughter is fantastic in a good routine and can amuse herself. She also has some friends in the street where we live and so is always out and about playing with them which gives me loads of time with baby boy. I really feel that I get good quality time with both because when daughter is at home I can spend time with her without feeling I am neglecting son and vice versa.
Also she goes to nursery which gives me time with baby.
I dont think I could have coped with 2 close together but I think whatever gap you have your probably think is the best. If I had my time again I would have the same gap.
By the way there is 4 1/2 years between my sister and I and we are really close (I am the oldest).
Just do what you think !!

I wanted to have my kids closer together but was told that I couldnt have anymore children. Now I'm expecting my miracle babe in 4 weeks and my dd is 7 on monday. To be honest its working out great for me. The dd is very supportive and its been great sharing so much with her, also I suffer with arthritis and running around after 2 small kiddies just isnt something I could have done to be honest. Sometimes even the best laid plans dont work out and you just have to go with the flow.
As for coping with 2, well I'll let you know when the wee one puts in an appearence :D

My 2 have 5 1/2 years betwen them and i think that is too much. It took me that long to talk OH into it. On one hand she can help me with Aimee and she really loves her but on the other i don't think they will play together much as Jess gets older. Also if i have a boy this time i will be putting Aimee and Jess in a bedroom together and i don't no what will hapen there. This time there will 13 months between them i i do think that to close but don't know yet. Can't get anything right! :D

I have a 4 1/2 year age gap (took me that long to persuade OH too!)

I would have had a smaller gap given the choice earlier, but I have to say I'm really pleased I've got the gap that I have.

Just before Brody was born, Mason started full time school. I really feel like I did everything thing I could 1 on 1 with Mason, took him places, baby groups, etc.
Now I can do the same for Brody and I'm really pleased they don't have to share that too much.
Mason is also old enough to understand sometimes I can't give him my full attention because of Brody...which is a REAL help.

Mason absolutley adores Brody, and they play together even now, Mason will hide and Brody will crawl around laughing and looking for him. :D

WE decided on 4 years between them,when Emily started school, so i could spen 1 on 1 time with baby.

Unfortunatley it didn't work like that, but this 7 year gap is wonderful as Emily is such a big help to me, and understands if i need to change a nappy b4 i can play a game

i couldn'y imagine have 2 so close together like you girls i would be on the floor
well done to you with small gaps

Sami said:
I'll let you knwo in 36 weeks :)
Are you thinking of doing it again babe?

I dont know, I would like more but find Aimee has been a bit of a handfull so far (not really her fault as had the reflux etc) so really not sure how i'd cope with another. Im not the most laid back person either..!
Maybe I'll wait and see how you find it first & then decide ! lol
:lol:

Least the labour is quicker I suppose but sounds like all the pain is crammed into a couple of hours!

Dionne - that pic is so sweet! I think you deal with things so well.

Really sounds like their is pro's and cons for both.... having them close means its all kind of over and done with together and you get you life bck sooner & is easier in the long run as they will play together and go to school etc but the first few years must be much harder.
and on the other hand having a gap is easier for you at first but when they are a little older they wont entertain each other as much & you have to find things that keep both of them happy. The nice thing is tho you do get to give each child all your attention...

I think I would opt for about a 3 year gap but I dont want children to old and time is pushing on :think:

Good luck for Monday miricle baby (and sophie when the time comes) & let us know how you are doing!

x

Just wanted to say Duds at the moment my DD is a great source of entertainment for my son she reads to him - talks through her play with him will put his carousel on etc. And the great thing is because she is a sensible 4 1/2 year old I am not scared about leaving the two of them in the same room together whilst I am getting jobs done in another room. I dont know how things will change when they both get older.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back