going toilet with stitches

xnicolaxcx

Reaction score
when you have had stitches is it a chore going toilet?
does it really sting when you have a wee and does your tear not reopen n stitches come out when you do a number 2?? :? i know it isnt a very nice thing to be asking lol but im really curious of how difficult it will be after birth.
my mum told me when you have a wee if its too painful you can sit in a bowl of water to dilute it?
i can imagine id be so scared about going for a number 2 incase i burst my stitches that i would end up being constapated? :oops: :think:

noone saying ur gonna have stitches.. a bit of advise is.. get a large jug.. and when u go for a wee pour warm water over yourself when u wee if you do tear or need stiches. i found that really really usefull..

ddint ahve a prob with number 2's

Its not as painful as you imagine.. just remember have a bath with salt every day and use a jug of water when peeing... it helps dilute the acidity of the urine.

And its unlikely that you will burst the stitches when doing a nº2 so don't not go... it will only make things worse... it hurts a bit.. but once it's done... its done...

Sex on the other hand.. :shock: Owch!

I used warm water when I did a wee.

Poos on the other hand, I ended up making myself quite ill and in pain. I was too scared to go and held it for 12 days. :shock: I was in agony when I finally did go because I was so constipated and bunged up.

Since then I ave heard holding a pad over your stitches while yo poo is reassuring...

i only had 2 stitches for a small perineal tear but the first wee STINGS! i tried pouring water on my bits as i wee'd (too fiddley and i missed anyway!) and wee-ing in the shower (not practical 2 strip from waist down every time i needed one!) so i didnt bother, i just bit my lip and did it! it hurt but the next one wasnt so bad and by the second day they didnt hurt at all.
i was soooooooo scared of my first poo i would only eat fruit for a week and didnt poo for 5 days! my MW kept asking about it and wanted me to do one so she gave me some laxatives. when i finally needed one i was sat on the loo for half an hour crying coz i was too scared to do it lol! i thought everything would just fall out and the tear would open etc! but when i did it nothing scarey happened and it did not hurt. it wasnt a big deal after all. x

Personally I didn't think they hurt at all when I went to the toilet for a P :hug: Going for the other thing, well, that was an event, and it took a few days and was quite uncomfortable, laxatives all the way for me next time :D

it is not nice i tell you that. i would hate going to the loo, what i do is have a bottle of water and poor the water as i went to pee.

it helped it alot.

the worse is have a poo :shock: not nice

:hug:

I was scared to do my first poo but it was all ok, the first pee stung slightly but that was it :)

i was petrified to wee, but had to before they would discharge me from hosp as i was on a catheter and drip etc....so i had to get over being scared pretty quick. I did actually find it ok, all be it until my stitches popped open!! Then the pain started..

As for a no2 i too refrained from doing it, but had to in the end because i was so uncomfortable i found taking something as a distraction did kind of help i tell ya i am the most brainiest person on my DS!! ha

Weeing was the worst, I didn't really notice any discomfort from doing a poo I was more concerned that a wee was going to come out aswell. Lavender and Tea Tree oil in the bath helps, weeing in the bath with shower aimed near down there (not on it as that's just ouchy!). After a couple weeks things were better but I would have rather given birth again than go for a wee after both births for a good week.

I had a graze which they say is worse than stitches but never had stitches to compare....it was agony but the pee with a jug or in the bath helped

I had an episiotomy, don't know how many stitches there were. When the catheter came out I was scared to go for a pee cause I'd heard it was really painful. When I did pluck the courage up to go it was fine, no pain at all.

I was scared to do a poo for days and didn't go until 5 or 6 days after the birth. But I didn't really have the urge until then. And that was a lot better than I'd thought aswell. No pain. Thet don't actually cut your anus so it should be fine.

However, I would warn against constipation. They can give you so many painkillers, antiinflammatories , etc that really bung you up and that is terrible, sitting on the loo for nearly an hour in tears becasue nothing is happening. Eat plenty of food that has a laxative effect and always go if you have the urge. It's not worth it leaving things.

K.xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ARCHIATER
Back