How big is your hospital bag?!?

Chattycharl

Reaction score
I have a small suitcase but still have stuff to pack and can't fit it all in!! I don't want to use the next size up case as feel it will look ott! How big was everyone else's bag?? Charl xx

I have a small suitcase that expands, a changing bag for Henry's clothes and DH has a bag xx

That's good idea I could use changing bag for babys clothes! Thanks Hun x

His changing bag us jam packed and I'll use some of the room in DH's bag for snacks as they won't fit in mine :D

I was contemplating a small suitcase too. Lol.

I always assumed I would use a weekender bag, but I feel I need far more than what I can fit in one! Probably won't use it all but I can't take it out "just in case"!

I was thkning this too... I want to take my dressing gown and that most definitely will nt fit in a weekender bag. Lol.

I've got a hand luggage case for me, then an overnight bag for little man :) x

I'll wear my dressing gown if I go in at night as it won't fit in any bag! Seems excessive taking 4 bags in! Lol

i just have a medium holdall, which i bought from argos and it came with a smaller bag, so all of harry's clothes are packed in the small bag and i've put it inside the bigger one, then packed around it, tried my little suit case but got my dressing gown in and couldnt fit anything else in. i'd rather take a bigger bag and have space to put more stuff in in case i stop in longer and hubby brings stuff down for me. i've only gotta put a few extra bits and bobs in mine but then it's all sorted!

My friend reccomended me to take 2 bags - an overnight/weekend bag for everything you need for labour and afterwards like sleepsuit for LO, few nappies and your wash things for a shower. Then a small suitcase for the ward like change of clothes for you, mat pads, plenty of pants, more clothes, nappies and essentials for LO.
Another good suggestion i heard is make up a couple of asda bags for your OH to bring in if you end up staying in hosp longer than intended. One for each day, like clean top, LO clothes, nappies etc. Can always unpack them once you get home if not needed xx

I have 2 small holdall, weekend type bags, one with everything for labour and just after and then another if i'm being kept in hubby can bring along! i like to pack light :) xx

Try and keep it to one bag as the midwives will make your oh take one home if you end up staying over. I witnessed a couple bring two full size suitcases and loads of plastic bags!! The midwife was not amused and told ten to take them all away!

Tbh you do not need much. I ended up having a c-section and was in for 2/3 days. I took quie a bit with me but all i I needed was:

Me:
Disposable knickers (so good for c-section reasons)
Going home clothes (leggings and a top)
Toiletries (make-up if you want but it's not necessary)
Dressing gown
1 pair of pjs (I was in the gown for the first day, third I was in going home clothes)
Nursing bra
Breast pads
Nipple cream
Mobile + charger
Camera
Purse
Socks
Maternity pads

Baby:

Going home outfit
1x sleepsuits ( LO was in just nappy most of the time as she spet most the time on my chest)
2 x vests
Cotten wall
Pot for water
Nappies

This is literally the bare minimum you need! Do not clutter your area as you hve little room if you are on the ward, more so if you get stuck in the middle cubicle!!

DH brought in separately as and when I needed them:

A new sleepsuit as I only had one that fit her (she was tiny, and only tesco ones fit here properly)
Lucozade
Mars bars
Magazine
Nipple shields

I have 2 small holdall, weekend type bags, one with everything for labour and just after and then another if i'm being kept in hubby can bring along! i like to pack light :) xx

This is what we did. One bag was all stuff for me plus basic baby stuff (I ended up having to do one overnight stay at 34 weeks), so it was helpful to just hve that bag. Then when I had the section, DH would top me up with stuff from the other bag that was kept in the car. One was a small holdall suitcase, the other a oversized handbag.

I took two quite large bags but then I was in for 3 days Xxx

I used an average sized changing bag for Noah's things and an overnight sized bag for all my things :)

I have packed a over night size holdall for me and baby plus the changing bag. x

I had overnight bag for labour and a small suitcase for hospital stay

I've packed one small case with my stuff and the baby changng bag with her stuff. I have also packed an extra bag with stuff for the OH if needed to bring in at a later date. its really minimal I can't pack any less to be honest.

I have a small holdall for myself and a changing bag full for babies things.

In the top of baby's bag I have but a large plastic food bag with
One nappy
One vest
One babygrow
A hat
And pair of scratch mits

So the mw can just grab them to dress baby and doesn't have to dig about in the bag looking for things

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back