warming bottles

Keely

Reaction score
Hi

Ellis has decided the older he gets the hotter he wants his bottles!!!! ARGH!!

Now Kettle water has to be boiled twice to get the right temp, its a pain in the arse.

Does anyone microwave there bottles and why does HV tell us not too? I heard cos of hot spots but surely if you shake it it will be fine xxx

i have always microwaved the bottles for my 2 and i have done it that way from birth. never had a problem.
but yes the reason they say not to is because of the hot air bubbles.
even if you shake them there is a chance of them still being in there. but its never happened with me :)
but Harley is the opposit i make his bottle with cold tap water :lol:

do you have to boil the water fully in the kettle coz it takes such a long time to cool??

littlelady87 said:
do you have to boil the water fully in the kettle coz it takes such a long time to cool??

ye. to kill al the germs etc.

what i used to do was fill my washing up bowl with cold water and stand it in there after about 15 mins its cool

thats what i do at the mo, trying to get her to feed a bit more from me

I keep my made up bottles of water in fridge, then take out when ready and heat. But The water in the jug goes cold too quick and i have to re-heat and put bottle back in!!

Where do you keep your sterile bottles if you make them one at a time?

xxxx

i keep mine in the stariliser and re sterilise when needed~:)

I used a bottle warmer till she was a few months old then just used the microwave, never had any problems.

i used a bottle warmer with Adele and hated it so much, I have since colby was born just heat them in the micro for her 7oz bottles straight from the fridge it takes 50 secs in mine to get it to the right temp for her to take it, but ever tensecs i take it out and shake it

*still convinced thats why she has mad hair :lol: *

think i might start microwaving them then..... after i have cleaned my microwave out!!! haha its GROSS!! xxxx

Hi Keely, I put 4oz of bolied water into bottles, stand them in the sink to cool then when Katy's ready for a feed, pop the kettle on to boil and top up to 6ozs. It did make it the right temperature, but it seems to be a bit cool now so I whack them in the microwave for 10 seconds too!!!!!!

i make nathan bottles up with formula and all cool them quick refridgerate then re heat in microwave never had a problem just got to be cafreful not to touch anything sterile.

i used the microwave with both of my babies i have never had a problem :D

I used to put the bottles in boiling water and wait for them to warm up but it took too long so now I've started doing them in the microwave.

i do a bunch of 6 bottlesat a time and put them in the fridge when cool and microwave them for 20 sec when i want to use them

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back