Hot hot hot - hydration?

badgergirl

Reaction score
Off to Cyprus with Sprog tomorrow. I'm flitting between excited and nervous!

I'm really concerned about the heat though - it's apparently upper 30s. We'll be staying in during the day as much as possible (visiting family rather than beach holiday), and there'll be plenty of shade, fans, and their mini swimming pool.

I'm worried about keeping him hydrated though. He's breastfed, so how often should I be looking at offering him the boob to keep him hydrated, as well as fed? Someone's suggested cooled boiled water to me too, but will out of the fridge be too cold? And how much should I give him at a time? He's a little piggy, and I can imagine him happily slugging down a full bottle of water in case it's food.

Aren't holidays relaxing?! :roll:

i went to spain when connor was the same age as sprog. he fed a little more frequently - but then he's always hungry anyway! - and i just had bottled water (sodium content under 10) for him in between feeds that i just offered him now and again. i worried about it all before i went, but i needn't have; sprog'll let you know what he wants :)

have a lovely holiday!!!

tbh i would just keep offering your boobs. as your milk is both food and drink. this way he take as much as he needs. xxx have a great time xxx

We went to Tenerife with Lola when she was around 9 months old she fed loads more then normal and was quite sleepy.

I didn't have to offer her the boob more often because she let me know herself. Your LO will most likely want lots of short feeds, well that's what i found with Lola.

You'll be fine, Enjoy yourself :D

Boob wise its the fore milk is the hydration part. So the first couple of minutes of a feed. I often have to swap boobs so Galen gets 2 lots of foremilk then :lol: :roll:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
joshatflare
Back