Not drinking water

LucyBee

Reaction score
Tom won't take any water or juice. He's just not interested. He clamps his lips shut and turns his head away. I'm trying to keep him hydrated as he has bronchiolitis but it's difficult when he won't touch water.
He's taking about 5oz milk x 4 a day. Is that enough do you think?
Any tips on getting him to drink water? xx

how are you giving it to him? Sam won't take water from a bottle but as soon as I gave him a sippy cup he's permanently clamped to it! He uses it for teething really but the water goes down!

Hadn't thought about trying him with the sippy cup. :oops:
Great idea. Thank you!
Will give that a go in the morning. x

Hope you find something that works for Tom, Lucy :hug: :hug: :hug:
Have you tried freshly squeezed fruit juice diluted in water? Some ready mades aren't to all LO's liking so I've heard :hug:

lucy i had same problem with christopher and the sippy cup worked for me he still wont drink water but will drink it with a splash of baby juice in it
also seen health wisitor last week and they should be having between 16 and 24 ounces of milk a day until they are 1 years old but if they eat a lot of dairy products like yoghurt cheese milky puddings you can reduce the amount they need
hope the sippy cup works for you like above christopher uses it mainly for teething but its suprising how much still goes in xxxxxxxxx

Hooray! Thanks ladies! The sippy cup has done the trick! He loves it and is drinking loads of water now!
You have saved the day AGAIN!
xxx :hug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back