Giving breast fed babies water?

maybebaby

Reaction score
Is it okay to give breast fed babies a bit of water when the weather's warm? Austin's been feeding practically all day, I'm sure it's because he's thirsty rather than hungry, it's sooo hot!

Would it be okay to top him up with cooled boiled water, if I know he's not hungry?

yes i definetley think so hun, i breast fed Georgia & used to give her water too.
although they say breast milk is food & a drink to a baby, if Austin takes extra fluids in the shape of water, then that is surely a good thing. :hug:

maybebaby said:
Is it okay to give breast fed babies a bit of water when the weather's warm? Austin's been feeding practically all day, I'm sure it's because he's thirsty rather than hungry, it's sooo hot!

Would it be okay to top him up with cooled boiled water, if I know he's not hungry?

no i never gave any of mine water even when i had bethany in the heat wave of 2003!!
its not necessary baby wil get the thirst quenching foremilk when ever he needs it. . Just have to feed on demand chicken and keep the baby in the cool :hug:

I didn't give M any water until she was about 6 months old, she didn't need it, even in the swealtering heat.
Your body is pretty amazing, it knows when it is hot and will provide more of the fore milk so baby gets all the drink he needs. :D

I never gave my 2 water, that's what the foremilk is for. :)

I never gave lily water until she was 7 months old and even now she barely has any (maybe about twice aweek at mums and tots).

Looking at you ticker I'd say Austin's possibly on a growth spurt, so will feed alot more regularly over the next few days and then settle down again.

:D
xSuzx

Thanks everyone, don't know what I'd do without this forum! :hug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111