Hospital fashion?

Vicxzy

Reaction score
Little bit early but what the heck!
Anyone had thoughts on nice things to wear in hosp? Nighties etc? & nice things to wear when u get bk home, dont wanna look a total slob when people come round!x

I just stuck to loose tops, chiffon flowy, jeggings, flowy cardigans.. Comfort is honestly the first thing in your head, and something without milk and sick on it :lol: I think I was in my pjs for the first 5 days, no joke! In hospital I just wore lotts of pajamas and to go home I wore a black velour tracksuit xx

I have not even thought that far! I bought nice maternity jammies for hospital and will wear something comfy to come home in. Once at home, i'll be slobbing it no doubt until I can get in to some sort of routine and my own normal clothes! Can't wait, I hate maternity clothes.

Thanks!
Where can I get nice maternity jim jams? also what do u wear in labour? Dont fancy a hospital gown ideally!x

I've just got pjs, a nightie for labour which will get chucked away. I've put some black cargo pants in my bag and I'll just put a top in. I just want to be comfy. Our hospital has this new 6 hour rule, if you have a normal birth, and you and baby are fine you're discharged within 6 hours :shock:
Oh I have these fetching maternity pants. They're huge but I got them just incase I need a c section and they will sit over my tummy and not where a section scar would be.
X

I bought all my jammies from mothercare and 2 nighties from primark for labour which will be going straight to the bin. I too have a soft material tracksuit type thing for wearing in hospital - bottoms, top and a hoodie type thing.

I got cheapie pj's as (TMI) I leaked through, which I thought would happen, I brought some old pjs too and just as well or I would have been stranded with no clean bottoms x

I've just got pjs, a nightie for labour which will get chucked away. I've put some black cargo pants in my bag and I'll just put a top in. I just want to be comfy. Our hospital has this new 6 hour rule, if you have a normal birth, and you and baby are fine you're discharged within 6 hours :shock:
Oh I have these fetching maternity pants. They're huge but I got them just incase I need a c section and they will sit over my tummy and not where a section scar would be.
X

DO they really? when did that happen :shock:. When i was there with my first I got to stay at least a week! was like alittle holiday - the midwifes even took your baby away so you could have a snooze.. :nap:. In the end i had to ask if it was okay to be discharged and the only reason I wanted to leave was because i was the youngest on my ward and felt a bit out of place.

Not thought this far ahead about what to wear and i can't even remember what I wore the last time no matter how hard I think about it . :oooo: I'm planning on staying in my Pjs for the first few days at home thats for sure though! I may even leave the hospital in them. lol.

Well I have got a long nightie for the giving birth stage. For afterwards joggers and a checked shirt and for coming home a pair of skinny maternity jeans with a over sized t shirt and cardie lol as last time dh didn't pick up my clothes from home abd I went home in pjs lol x x

I found primark really good for nighties for during labour! I got a really nice one (in a size up from my usual) with buttons down past my boobs for skin to skin, and really cheap too just to throw away! I also got nice maternity jim jams out of matalan :) xx

X

DO they really? when did that happen :shock:. When i was there with my first I got to stay at least a week! was like alittle holiday - the midwifes even took your baby away so you could have a snooze.. :nap:. In the end i had to ask if it was okay to be discharged and the only reason I wanted to leave was because i was the youngest on my ward and felt a bit out of place.

Not thought this far ahead about what to wear and i can't even remember what I wore the last time no matter how hard I think about it . :oooo: I'm planning on staying in my Pjs for the first few days at home thats for sure though! I may even leave the hospital in them. lol.

Yeah got told this on my tour and the other day by another professional. Mw said sometimes you don't even get transferred to the post natal ward you're just discharged from the room you gave birth in!!!! But she said that in a room in the mw unit and that would only be off you and baby were fine. I don't want to be in hospital for days but that's really quick!

X

This is usual policy in hospitals now to discharge after 6 hour if birth was normal and no complications - I personally think it's a little soon. I was discharged after 3 days after c section with my daughter and only two days after having my son by c section, although thee were special circumstances with my son an they allowed me to go home after we lost him. I couldn't handle being on a Mat ward.

They certainly don't take the baby off you so you can have a snooze, I was completely left to my own devices really. As soon as my catheter was out and I could go to the loo I was just left to it - didn't really have any help with baby even when I was confined to bed, luckily I had a low level bedside cot for baby but I still had to lift her. The only help I got was with establishing bfeeding!

Last edited:
i remember my son got taken away for an hour so i could have a sleep too that was 5 years ago now i guess..... I stood for ages looking at pjs as couldnt decide on what i wanted and what colour wanted somthing dark but all the nice things were light :( ive settled on cheap nighty for the birth and some dark grey loose pj bottoms and wil jst take a tshirt of my ohs to wear after il be coming home in joggers and a hoody prob :)

Ive actually been buying myselfe clothes in the sale for after the birth lol so i have a whole new wardrobe to wear and dnt even know what size il be hahahahahah hope it all fits x

Definitely go for something dark on the bottom half & big pants to hold your maternity pads in!
As you have lochia which is post natal bleeding & it can be quite heavy, it's definitely best to go for darker colour in case of leaks.
It was such a hot day when I had Joseph that I ended up giving birth in just a strappy vest! There are some gorgeous websites if you use Google, but to be honest the really nice stuff is a bit expensive & can get ruined. As others have said Primark, Matalan & Mothercare are good - cheap & cheerful.
PS disposable knickers are horrible, just buy knickers in a size up from your normal size & either wash them or bin them x

Sunnyb xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back