Done my hospital bag, what you think?

LucyAnn

Reaction score
:dance:finally!!!

can cross this off my list off ''to do's'' :)

As some of you know i will be staying at my parents after birth so somethings i have packed more of as if not used in hospital will defo be used when im at my mom and dads. And I wont be carrying the bag into hosp hopefully so dont mind how heavy it is :whistle:! it still shuts and doesnt feel heavy I have packed it in a nike hodall like those long gym bags :lol:

Would love to know if there's anything else to recommend or to add etc, thanks :)

1 massive bath towel
1 pair flip flops (dont wanna wear slippers in hosp if i have to walk round as i always fall over in them & my friend peed herself on the floor when she was in labour walking round hosp so dont want wee on slippers :rotfl:hahahah)
1 dressing gown
2 nighties
1 pj bottoms
3 pj / vest tops (1 is buttoned for breast feeding)
4 pants (bought cheap ones so they can just be chucked if get messy :x)
2 pairs of really warm socks
2 bras
1 pack face wipes
1 pocket size pack of tissues
1 pack of pads for my floozy
1 flannel
1 toothbrush **need toothpaste to take in will buy that today**
2 body wash sachets
1 shampoo sachet
1 conditioner sachet
2 tops
2 trousers ( 1 is jeans, 1 is joggin bottoms)
breastpads
comb & bobbles
deodrant
mints
£10
camera
camera charger (cant use in hosp but atleast i know its safe and will defo have it for when going to moms :) )

My clothes to come out in arent anything glamourous as thinking more comfort really and i will have clothes at my parents too.
Havent bought a nursing bra yet and dont think i will till afterwards as the cost and really dont know how sussessful breast feeding will be.

Things like my make up i will either pack last min or just make sure i have my handbag on me

THANKYOU ! XXXX

have you packed a lip balm or gloss? a god send especially if your planning on using gas and air.my lips got sooo dry i could hardly talk.i definatly will be taking 1 xxx

Thanks I have popped some nivea in now!! also do need some kind of snack to take in just no idea what xxx

i keep my sons drink cartons in the freezer for his pack lunch,great for keeping your snacks cool for a few hours atleast,labour wards are allways really warm arent they xx

sounds fabulous my dear! Have you got a bag of stuff for baby?XX

i keep my sons drink cartons in the freezer for his pack lunch,great for keeping your snacks cool for a few hours atleast,labour wards are allways really warm arent they xx

thanks will ask me mom to freeze some carton drink at hers as no matter where i am when labour starts mom is birthing partner so will be coming from her home thanks thats a super idea :) they are boiling and stuffy! bad times :( xxxx

sounds fabulous my dear! Have you got a bag of stuff for baby?XX

hi marley thanks, :) yeah just finished babys bag will post what ive packed. This is the only way im getting oganised been doing them one by one this morning :dance: then i can mark them both off my to do list xxx

Nipple cream..... :)
Looks like your very on top of things well done :cheer:

And phone charger!

Always handy to have a small purse with change in it too... For car park/food/anything else!

Nipple cream..... :)
Looks like your very on top of things well done :cheer:

thankyou :) in terms of nipple cream as i have eczma and really sensitive skin, i cant even use soap have to have soap substitute from the doctors :oooo: nipple cream could have something that triggers me off, so i was thinking I have vaseline, e45, and an emoilent called Epederm and i was gonna see if these worked. I have to use Epederm as a replacement for like shower gel, bubble bath and everything lol. I also have to use steroid creams for my face and elbows (just for when i flare up, would like to raessre you I AM NOT A WALKING SCAB :rotfl:) what do you reckon will these work? xxxx

And phone charger!

Always handy to have a small purse with change in it too... For car park/food/anything else!

im dreading the phone charger siituation i only have one whats best to do leave it in hosp bag now and only get in and out to charge until i go in? with the change luckily there is a change machine and the car park gives change think its the only hosp that does lol!! xxx

I have sensitive skin too and eczema.. Steroid cream rocks lol!
I'd probably use e45 to start with then the epederm of it's gets bad..
Thats handy with the change machine!
Phone charger wise they usually do cheap chargers for like £4 on market stalls and shopping centers.. If not yeah keep it in ur bag and take it out to charge it and put it back every time... Ur charger will be the last thing on ur mind when u go into labour lol!

This is all very exciting!! Lucy, what do you think the odds of us popping on the same day are?xxx

I have sensitive skin too and eczema.. Steroid cream rocks lol!
I'd probably use e45 to start with then the epederm of it's gets bad..
Thats handy with the change machine!
Phone charger wise they usually do cheap chargers for like £4 on market stalls and shopping centers.. If not yeah keep it in ur bag and take it out to charge it and put it back every time... Ur charger will be the last thing on ur mind when u go into labour lol!

Thankyou will try them then and hopefully they will work :)

cool thanks think im gonna transfer it too my bag n just dip in and out for it :lol:xxxx

This is all very exciting!! Lucy, what do you think the odds of us popping on the same day are?xxx

oh wow that would be great on the same day we could have a labour race and your people could update my people:rotfl: my MW mentioned last week bout me having a sweep @ 40 weeks you heard anything yet? xxx

oh wow that would be great on the same day we could have a labour race and your people could update my people:rotfl: my MW mentioned last week bout me having a sweep @ 40 weeks you heard anything yet? xxx

Yes i'm booked in to see her on the 7th Oct! If nothing has happened..... sweep stake it is!!

Are you going to have one??x

hahaha labour race it is..... How do we go about organising this!!!? haha x

well still waiting on my MW to show up now was meant to be here at 11am :0 but last week she did speak of getting me one at 40 weeks :) think im defo going to yes if she ever shows up lol My moms bday is on 7th and she wants her grandchild then lmao!! i just dont wanna go over by too many days will be crazy if we are set off on the same day too lmao!! cant wait dunno how to do labour race we would need a thread on here lmao xxxx

Well done for getting on top of it, we've got organic clothes for the baby as our daughter suffers really bad from eczema so guessing the new one will do too :-( it seems to be the best thing for her to wear so it doesn't irritate her skin. Just got this fab Organic baby grow from green nippers - its called vanilla star and the matching hat and booties too. also got some funky vests from frugi too :0) xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back