Hospital Births.. *Rant*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Actually, sometimes pain relief can reduce complications, if you're contracting hard and fast, but you're not progressing, both you and baby can get stressed, so you may be offered an epidural or suchlike to reduce the stress on both of you!

Have you ever heard of PMA kat? Why don't you try going into this saying, right, I may not be able to have a home birth, but I'm still going to have as close a birth to the one I want as possible?! If you go into the hospital a d are negative towards the midwives, chances are they'll be negative back!

Oh and having a bath before you're in established labour can slow it down, they advise you not to get into the bath til your contractions are coming regularly!

Ive heard of lots of women being told to have a bath at home before coming into the hospital actually, so why would they be told that if it slows it down?

As for "I may not be able to have a home birth, but im still going to have as close a birth to the one I want as possible.." I think thats EXACTLY what im saying in this thread! Im just aware of the things that happen that can make it the birth that I dont want! And if you look at the origional questions they were asking about experiences at that particular hospital, and how I can make sure midwifes nd doctors etc arent pushing things, and to have them back off a bit.

Kat you need to do your research a bit better, babies born by c section often need help to breathe when Theyre born cos teir lungs arênt stimulated in the same way try would be with a vaginal birth! Why the he'll are you so bloody negative towards everything/one?!

Im negative toward everything and everyone? No.. Im just very clear on what I like and what I dont like. I actually KNOW what I want from aspects of my life, A quality most people never get, If thats a problem for you, then maybe just dont read my threads huh? Rather than making imflammatory remarks !?

FFS read what i said properly woman! I said you're advised not to until you're in established labour having regular contractions! Whxh you can be for hours and hours before baby is born! I'm fully aware that they advise you to have a bath, I have been there a couple of times myself! And in my case I did get in too early and I did slow my labour down and I ended up with a 23 hour labour!

There's being very clear about what you want and then there's being downright arrogant and naiive... Midwives in yhe uk don't set out to control your birth, they're there to assist you and make the experience as comfortable as possible...

Kat do you make threads with the sole intention to be negative and rub people up the wrong way? Can someone tell me how to add this silt woman to the ignore list before I end up giving her a real mouth full

Kat do you make threads with the sole intention to be negative and rub people up the wrong way? Can someone tell me how to add this silt woman to the ignore list before I end up giving her a real mouth full

Pointless, Imflammatory post.

No comment, don't think it's needed :eh:

Oh look.. Another one. If you have no comment, Dont leave something imflammatory instead.

I CLEARLY STATED that this was a rant post. And then I put my VALID questions at the end.
Why do you feel the need to attack someone for their views and concerns? They might not be correct, they might not be valid, But they are THEIR views and concerns, and they have every right to have them and express them without this cr*p.

isnt that what forums are for tho? to talk about peoples views/opinions? people are gonna post comments back to ur post with what they think because thats what its all about

I've had 3 births and all v v different,my 1st was long but the hospital and mw were great,the 2nd I was sent home cos I wasn't progressing then I returned 7 hours later to b told I was only 1/2 a cm further on than earlier,cord was round babys neck so had to b monitored continously and 3 hours after returning to hospital I needed to push...the student kept tellin me I didn't!!! She finally went and fetched the mw who discovered I was 9.5 cm and as soon as waters were broke he was born! And my 3rd ended up with emergency c section due to my community mw's not detecting that he was breech!

They usually tell u to take 2 paracetamols and have a hot bath cos if the pain easies then ur not in labour,if it continues then u know that this is it!! (that's wot I was always told anyway) xxxx

isnt that what forums are for tho? to talk about peoples views/opinions? people are gonna post comments back to ur post with what they think because thats what its all about

Theres a difference between replying with their point of view, and replying in an inflammatory manner, saying that the OP is just WRONG in their opinions, and must see things the same way as someone else.

I think the main problem people have had with this thread, 'kat, is that yes you have put forward your views and concerns but when people have tried to help and explain things to you you've not listened and you've got very defensive. I put up what I thought was a quite helpful, non judgemental post that was ignored in favour of the other posts.

They usually tell u to take 2 paracetamols and have a hot bath cos if the pain easies then ur not in labour,if it continues then u know that this is it!! (that's wot I was always told anyway) xxxx

See! Hot bath! So how come they arent worried about slowing down real labour with that then? Doesnt make sense to me

I think the main problem people have had with this thread, 'kat, is that yes you have put forward your views and concerns but when people have tried to help and explain things to you you've not listened and you've got very defensive. I put up what I thought was a quite helpful, non judgemental post that was ignored in favour of the other posts.

It wasnt ignored Helen, and it was a helpfull post, and I didnt feel the need to reply to it, as you hadnt left loose strings in your reply, or said something that i saw as controversial that I wanted to know more about. Same goes for the other threads i didnt quote reply to.

I was actually going to post with an opinion and some advice but I seen how you shot everyone else down! Kat about 90% of your threads are either negative or looking for conflict. I have offered you advice many times as have others but you continue to ignore people and basically tell them they are wrong. How can you rant about something so much when you have zero experience if it? I'm sorry kat but I feel that you use this forum to amuse yourself by winding people up

EVERYONE

lets just repsect everyones opions non of this arugeing is needed :wall2:

I was actually going to post with an opinion and some advice but I seen how you shot everyone else down! Kat about 90% of your threads are either negative or looking for conflict. I have offered you advice many times as have others but you continue to ignore people and basically tell them they are wrong. How can you rant about something so much when you have zero experience if it? I'm sorry kat but I feel that you use this forum to amuse yourself by winding people up

Shot everyone else down? If you actually look back through this thread, the posts that WERE helpfull, have been thanked.

Like I said, Its my opinion, and my view, based on what other people have said. It doesnt mean im right, it doesnt mean my concerns are valid, but they are my concerns all the same.

you knwo what is getting peoples backs up kat, you've asked all this before in another thread, we all gave advice, tht advice was then ignored and people were given a piece of your mind for it. this is public forum, we all have our opinions, we all have worries and concerns and we all like to rant, but most of the time we do appreciate when people are genuinely trying to help! my first reply, i was trying to give you as much advice as possible from someone who has been there and has also seen probably thousands of women go thru labour and eerything on forums! and then you were rude and obnoxious, which seems to be a continuing trend...

you knwo what is getting peoples backs up kat, you've asked all this before in another thread, we all gave advice, tht advice was then ignored and people were given a piece of your mind for it. this is public forum, we all have our opinions, we all have worries and concerns and we all like to rant, but most of the time we do appreciate when people are genuinely trying to help! my first reply, i was trying to give you as much advice as possible from someone who has been there and has also seen probably thousands of women go thru labour and eerything on forums! and then you were rude and obnoxious, which seems to be a continuing trend...

Um.. This was my response to your first reply..

"Being in the pool can slow labour down? So why do midwifes tell mums to get in the bath for a while before going into the hospital ? Surely that would do the same thing?

As for home birth, Im set on a water birth, And my floor cant hold a pool, my bath isnt big enough, and i cant actually afford to rent a pool in the first place. Also my midwife said cause I will need anti-d after the birth that i would need to be in hospital."

What part of that was Rude and Obnoxious? I was asking a question.. And answering yours!

where did i state that that was in relation to your reply to my first post? i didn't! want me to go thru the whole thread and highlight exactly where you were???

where did i state that that was in relation to your reply to my first post? i didn't! want me to go thru the whole thread and highlight exactly where you were???

"my first reply, i was trying to give you as much advice as possible from someone who has been there and has also seen probably thousands of women go thru labour and eerything on forums! and then you were rude and obnoxious"

I haven't replied again on this thread as I felt my post was nice and yet it was completly ignored while other posts were answered. Not even a thank you...tut tut.

I think mmg&i is not just refering to this one thread. You have shown yourself to be rude and argumentitive many times on this forum and I think people are getting just a little fed up with it. I know I bloody am!! You complain all the time and your far to negative.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kayx94
Back