Hospital Bag

traci

Reaction score
I hate being disorganised, but I still haven't packed my bag yet!!:shock: I keep putting it off cos I'm really not sure what to pack now. I've decided to give the birthing pool a go which is in the birth centre. I should be out after having baby within about 4-6 hours. Help!! I don't know what to take with me :wall2:

I'm Planning in havin a water birth too :)

I've packed

Dark towels - hand & bath size
Toiletries - shower gel, toothbrush etc
Brush & hairbands
Make up - will get thrown in last
Bikini top
Nightie for after
Dressing gown
Pack of cheap knickers
Maternity sanitary pads
Breast pads

For baby
Towel
3 sleepsuits & vests
Hats & scratch mits
Comin home outfit
Blanket

Don't forget ya own comin home outfit & maternity notes & birth plan!!!

There the main things I've packed plus maybe birth partner might wanna pack a few things along with snacks & change for the car park & don't forget ya camera xxx hope this helps xxx

Ive just made a list this morn at work....as above but including.....

Arnica tablets (helps with bruising)
Lavender Oil
Lucozade tablets
Book/mags
Waterspray/fan
Nappies
Nursing Bra (as Im attempting to breast feed)

If your bottle feeding you may need to take your own milk I'd check with your MW as in my hospital you have to take your own milk.

Ive forgotten to put towels on my list!

S
xx

Oh yh I put in nappies too plus nursing bra - coz sizes may change & things I got a great nursing bra which is basically like a crop top/ sports bra which fits all so u buy the size for your back. Got it off eBay for £10 thought it will come in handy to start with xx I am hoping to breast feed but incase I cant U can buy pre prepared sterilised bottles with formula milk in so they are already done for you...think the cow & gate 1's are £13 for a box of about 12 I think so I've shown my mum where they are in the aisles at boots & asda lol xxx

So far I've packed:

Slippers
Socks
T-shirt/vest/bikini top for birth (considering water birth)
Hairband
Nursing bras x 2
Pants
Breast pads
PJs x 2
Lansinoh (nipple cream)
Toileties - Travel size shampoo, conditioner, bodywash, deoderant
Pads x 1 pack
Towels - 2 x big, 2 x small
Presents for Lennon from the baby (1 toy and 1 'big brother' t-shirt)
Lip balm

Baby:
Vests x 4
Plain white sleepsuits x 4
Hats x 2
Scratch mittens x 1
Muslins x 3/4
Nappies x 1 small pack
Blanket x 1
Wipes x 1 pack
Bibs x 4 ish
White cardi's x 2

Still to pack:
Pregnancy notes
Dressing gown
Books/magazines
Snacks
Isotonic drinks
Camera
Hairbrush
Make-up
Going home outfit

ETA: I'm also taking a pack of 3 pink patterned sleepsuits, a pack of 3 blue patterned sleepsuits, 1 pink cardi, 1 blue cardi and 1 white cardi for his/her going home outfit!! I'm planning on returning what I don't use to Next when I get out of hospital!! LOL.

Last edited:
wow i need to get re-packing think ive missed lots and have since found out at my hosp we have a fridge in the room so need to try and think of snacks that would be good to take to get energy going....!! xx

I'm the exact same, I haven't packed a thing yet. I cant decide which type of bag to use, what are you's all going for? I have either an average sized rucksack - a small pull along suitcase or a biig holdall.

What type of bag is everyone elses?

:)

I've used my baby changing bag for babies things & a weekender bag like a small suitcase for everything else no doubt I'll throw more in the car last minute lol x

I'm taking a Nike sports bag hold all type thing, the sort of size I would usually take for a weekend away and my baby change bag for all of baby's things.

I had packed quite a small bag which did fit everything until I thought that I hadn't packed my going home clothes, dressing gown, make-up, presents for Lennon etc yet!! LOL. So I had to rethink.

It doesn't really make much difference what we take anyway as it all has to be unpacked into our bed side table/locker thingy at the hospital and DH has to take the bag away for 'safety reasons'!!

I'm off work next couple of days so i'm gonna try & get this bag sorted, whichever one I chose will need scrubbed, so i'm gonna pull them all out & maybe take some pics & start a thread, coz I really dont have a clue

:roll:

Why the hell are you packing a sieve?!!

some places recommend a sieve in case anything is "released" into the water during labour, that way, anything that does come out can be quickly scooped away.

some places recommend a sieve in case anything is "released" into the water during labour, that way, anything that does come out can be quickly scooped away.

I wud have assumed the hospital would have one already?

with my hospital, i wouldn't assume anything, some may well have their own though.

Ours has a fishing net already! Lol!

Sent from my HTC Wildfire using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back