hospital bag

sam96031

Reaction score
have you packed your hospital bag ready and what have you packed if you dont mind me asking? im going to pack mine this week just incase lol :D

Ive been putting bits in as i get them, so far i have...
Pack of ST's (hidden from my robbing daughters)
2 nightshirts
10 pairs disposable knickers
slippers
breast pads
i think thats it so far but have a seperate bag for baby :D

We had ours finally packed since we got full term at 37 weeks. But weve been ready since about 34 weeks. Any earlier than that is wishfully thinking, but you never know!! :think:

I've packed mine, and it's sat at the front door! I have in mine-

For me-
Maternity notes
Birth plan
Snacks
1 x Pj
2 x Nighty
Slippers
1 pack maternity pads
Nipple cream
Nursing bra
5 pairs old comfy knickers
Tankini (hoping for the pool)
Towel
Smellies...shower gel, face wipes, deo, lavender oil, lip balm
Clothes to go home in

For baby-
about 10 nappies
Cotton wool
2 x sleepsuite
2 x Vests
Hat
Scatch mitts
Blanket
Toy

Hoping thats all i need?

Hth
xx

I have in mine :
Pack 5 disposable knickers
Pack towels
PJ's,
Nightie
Dressing gown
Fluffy socks and slippers
Breastpads
Dark towel
Toiletries (shampoo, cond, body wash, toothbrush and paste)

Baby towel (cant remember if you need to take one or not so put one in lol)
3 babygrows
3 Vests
10 nappies
Coming home outfit (which is vest, babygrow, bib, hat, cardigan, socks, booties and a blankets to wrap her in)
Socks
Scratch mitts

I think thats it? If I missed something and I remember I will add it later lol

Aw bless you hun you're proper organised this time!

I haven't even thought about a hospital bag, I'm hoping for another home birth but will probably pack a bag at about 36 weeks just in case, and because iI found it useful to have everything I may need in 1 place anyway.

well i've written a list and think i've thought of most except a birth plan haven't even made one yet. want to get packed as we only got to 30 weeks last time :).
maybebaby i had packed this early last time as i was so excited and its a good job really :lol:

I packed mine because I was just bored lmao! :lol: I still have forever left yet but at least its done! heehee

I've bought an over-night bag but haven't put anything in it. I'll probably wait until after my 35 week consultant appointment and then do it. I'm hoping by then I'll have got round to buying things like nappies and knickers ;)

I started making a list of things to get a few weeks ago then misplaced it, must get organised and pack it soon! The weeks just seem to be passing so quickly.

Sarah x

I packed mine at the weekend, although have some little bits to put in still.

i have packed:

2 nighties (one for the actual birth - one for after!)
slippers
socks
a few pairs of ladies 'boxers' - dont fancy wearing the disposable pants so bought some of them from Primark!
breast pads
maternity pads
toothbrush/toothpaste
shampoo
deodrant
soap
hairdryer
hot water bottle

think that's it up to now :think: i am also going to be packing my dressing gown, once OH gets it out of garage (from when we moved back to OHs parents - still in a black bag :lol: ) and im definately packing some peanut M&Ms for after the birth mmmmMMMMM and some sweeties!! :lol:

I did mine 2days ago but I've kept it pretty basic :D (don't intend on being in the birthing unit too long lol :lol: )

For baby:
3x size 1 pampers nappies
1x pack sensative babie wipes
1x pair scratch mits
1x sleep suit (small baby up to 7lb) - just in case
1x sleep suit (newborn up to 11lb)
2x jumpers (again a small baby and a newborn size)
1x hat

1x Fleece blanket and 1x cotton blanket (if he's early will have to get hubby to pick up a moses basket from home for transport but if he's on time we will have the travel system by then and wrap him up in the car seat :wink: )

For me:
1x digital camera
1x MP3 player
1x book to read
5x maternity pads
3x pairs of breast pads
1x hair brush and bobble

When the time arrives I will just make sure I grab one of my nice cheapie nighties and either go in clean clothes or pack some :D

[edit] deoderant sounds like a good idea actually! How could I miss that!? :rotfl:

omg im so bad i still havent started 2 pack mine, i guess im not thinking LO will come early lol

i really shud get up off my fat arse and pack it :rotfl:

Ive half packed mine but have packed babies.

For the baby i have:

4 different sized baby grows (and just bought two new ones today)
4 vests
2 hats
3 scratch mitts
a baby snow suit (not too thick) and i think i put a jacket in there too.
Completely forgot about a shawl or blanket so will pack that oh and cotton wool?? or will hospital supply that??
newborn nappies (1 pack.. not sure if i need more)

For me:

2 breastfeeing nightshirts
2 big nightshirts (for giving birth)
2 breastfeeing sleep bras
2 nursing bras (which will probably be too small by the time i get there)
12 pairs of primark knickers (didnt fancy the disposable ones)
24 maternity pads (i was told to take a lot)
swimming costume (incase i have a waterbirth)
toothbrush and toothpaste
deoderant
facial wipes
shower gel
shampoo
best pack some clothes to come home in too!!

Add a bottle of witch hazel to put on your maternity towels to help cool and heal stitches
Bottle of dettol and dettol wipes to clean bath, bedside unit etc.... i kid you not....
Anti-bacterial hand gel to clean your hands
Dummies!!

OH has a bigger bag than me to take, he brought a big bag especially (Im just using what will be my changing bag) to accommodate all the gadgets he aparently needs :roll: who knew that when in labour a lap top, psp and external hard drive are essential kit :roll: :roll: :roll:

aramintalovegrove said:
OH has a bigger bag than me to take, he brought a big bag especially (Im just using what will be my changing bag) to accommodate all the gadgets he aparently needs :roll: who knew that when in labour a lap top, psp and external hard drive are essential kit :roll: :roll: :roll:
:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: sounds like something my DH will do lol

I'm going to be kept in for a while apparently so I guess I've got to pack an initial bag for me and baby and then I'm going to pack some reserve bags so OH can just pick it up and bring it in as I need them.

Found out that they will induce me at 38weeks if not dropped by then due to diabetes so best think about packing pretty soon!

I'm taking all the usual stuff plus cashpoint cards (can't have OH spending what he likes while I'm away lol) and my list of bills so I can give OH all his jobs from my hospital bed!!! He won't remember what has to be paid and when and I'd like to come home to gas and electricity still connected and no bailiffs taking my tv and pc!!!!

Sarah xxx

well im all packed and so is the babies abg all i need to get now is the car seat feels like ive got only a week and a half left lol my midwife thinks im being paranoid but that is all i know :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back