Snacks for hospital bag?

TORino

Reaction score
I haven't packed any snacks in my bag for the hospital yet, I figured hubby could always go to the shop if he needed to but now I'm thinking I should pack something.

What have you guys put in your bags?

I needed sugar after lo was born so you might want to pack chocolate. I also took juice.

Sent from my E15i using Tapatalk

flapjacks were good for me. I got ones with toffee and youghurt coating, was great

sent from my Galaxy s2

I couldn't eat during labour. Within seconds it came back up and anything I ate after until the next morning came straight back up as well. The flapjacks I took in we're wasted lol. But I took chocolate in for the first induction bit!

We have got some cereal bars and a pack of digestive biscuits. Also got a couple of bottles of water as the vending area in our labour block isn't open 24hrs. Oh and going to get some boiled sweets that are quite refreshing xx

Last edited:
We are lucky cos we can use the staff canteen when in early labour, in established labour they'll bring you a meal if you want it but will take chocolate with me cos my bp drops if my sugar levels go down xxxxxxxxx

I have no idea what the hospital policy is with this at my hospital!

Was thinking, the shop will be closed overnight and then I'll be stuffed if I don't have anything lol.

I am soooo fed up of being awake at daft o clock. I hope my LO sleeps through quickly lol

Drinks wise everyone tells me lucozade but also had tip to buy couple of bottles if water and freeze them to take

This way guaranteed extra cold water for labour- and some straws to help you sip them xx

Drinks wise everyone tells me lucozade but also had tip to buy couple of bottles if water and freeze them to take

This way guaranteed extra cold water for labour- and some straws to help you sip them xx

Or you can hit the OH with them :D

Ive packed a couple of BIG bottles of lucozade, some boiled sweets and some Rice Krispie Squares (other cereal bars are available - lol).
Might sneak some chocolate in when OH isnt looking too!
X

Sorry for my ignorance, stupid question but if food is permitted during labour hopefully they will give us food? Though I am not so sure if with all that pain I will even think to eat a snack :faint:
But for me it will probably be bananas I think, chocolate makes me so thirsty.

They might bring you something, but if you end up with a long labour ur OH might be left to fend for himself.,

I packed snacks cos I didn't want OH to have to go anywhere incase he missed things. Not that my labour bag got opened, but they came In useful the next day when I didn't fancy the hospital food. Xxx

Last year when I was in hospital for my d&c the food here in Norwegian hospital was so good that I will happily abandon my snacks if I get offered real food :lol:

ive just got some chocs, juice and sweets, prob more for OH than me, will just get OH to go out and get me anything i want at the time as dont really know what i will be fancying! xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back