Havent packed hospital bag yet!!

scandicmum85

Reaction score
Im due next week and I havent packed my hospital bag yet, I just find it so hard to do it, no idea why!! I feel like leaving it to my OH to pack it when I go into labour or so, maybe its to do with me being so nervous about giving birth and dont want to accept the fact its going to happen!!

So today I am going to pack my bag!!!
Planning to give the baby bottle.. Do I need to bring with me bottles?
nappies? wipes?

Help me doing a list, Im absolutely lost:)

I was the same didn't want to do it. I was packing last of it while in early labour lol. Is call the hospital while you give birth about bottles as some provide them others don't. I hardly used anything and packed loads lol. If you can search posts on here for hospital bag, I used it to pack mine it tells you all you need.

I'm doing mine today also. Just because I am feeling like Mini master G will be early & lets be honest, men + packing for a woman = disaster :lol:

I have no idea what I am throwing in, I went & bought some mini toiletries today to save space for other things. But as I am going into a German hospital...I'm a bit wary of what to throw in!

So my list consists as follows...3 sleep suits, 3 baby gro's, nappies, wipes, an outfit for Baby G to arrive home in, formula, bottles (Although I'm sure Germans provide formula, bottles, nappies & clothes for baby) blanket & car seat!

Then for me I have, mini toiletries (toothpaste, shampoo, showergel & deodrant) 2 pairs of P.J's for after birth (Not sure how long they will keep me in) shorts & vest set for labour, pads, about 10 pairs of pants & an outfit for me to come home in! All I need is me slip slops & dressing gown!

Then last essentials, like makeup, straighteners, dryer & camera!

I've just made my final list for my hospital bag. OH is coming home tomorrow so on the weekend I want to go out and buy everything then and get the bag done!

My list is pretty similar to stacey's apart from I have:

Towels (my hospital only provides for the baby)
iPod speakers
Toilet roll (in case the stuff in the hospital is horrible, I'm really fussy)
Antibacterial wipes/gel
Cool bag with some cold drinks, some frozen to last longer, and snacks

With what you're saying about bottles, check with your hospital, some provide, some don't... My birthing centre doesn't provide bottles or any milk, but they have sterilising equipment. I'm planning to breastfeed, but I'm taking a couple of bottles and pre-made milk just in case I can't do it properly.

Hope your packing goes well! xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back