hospital bag

Gruntie2

Reaction score
I'm gonna pack my hospital bag this weekend as i got everything i need for it..... just wondered.. what type of snacks will everyone be packing?

Maybe cereal bars, seeds, fruit, nuts, sesame bars, some chocolate, things of this nature I would imagine.

I have loads to get yet, what are you wearing for delivery, if you dont mind me asking???

I thought about things like biscuits, crisps, nutrigrain bars...maybe some ribena cartons. A few sweets, probably the hard boiled type so they last!!! I also thought I might put in some flapjacks and plenty of fruit :D

i got 2 maternity nighties from www.dressing4two.co.uk... and i also got some maternity winnie the pooh pyjamas for after the birth.... from the same place.... got some big underwear from there also.... and got a free pair of slippers... all for about £25.. bargain i'd say...

midna said:
Jeez not even thought that far ahead ...I best pack something maybe I will this weekend lol...

Dunno bout food Ill probs just demand mother to bring me in sarnies n fruit lol ...if you meanin labour snacks ...hmm fk knows lol ?? :think:
Guess Ill take some change for grub machine not sure Im gonna wanna eat that much untill afterwards. :D

LOL snacks arn't for you... bad midna..

Snacks for the OH... You won't be able to eat anything during labour... for one you need to be nil by mouth encase you need an emergency c section and they have to give you a general anaesthetic.. and two... I have yet to meet a woman who did not puke up at least once during their labour. I made the silly mistake of eating when I went into labour and whoops it all came back up again... :rotfl:

I would suggest those lucozade tabs though... just to keep your energy up during labour.. and a natural sponge to suck on or some ice chips... they are really nice and refreshing. :)

nothing.. coz hopefully we will birth at home.. but im saving £1 coins for the machines just incase...

ive half packed the bags.. jsut to put stuff away.. nightys and knickers.. pads and breast pads nappys etc.. coz im fed up of haivng bits in bags everywhere..

Squiglet said:
I have yet to meet a woman who did not puke up at least once during their labour. I made the silly mistake of eating when I went into labour and whoops it all came back up again... :rotfl:

i didnt spew in labour! thank god! one thing i was dreading.. mum told me how gas and air made her be sick. so was haivng the tiniest puff on it so i wouldnt spew lol.. then.. well i wouldnt let it go

lisa&alex said:
Squiglet said:
I have yet to meet a woman who did not puke up at least once during their labour. I made the silly mistake of eating when I went into labour and whoops it all came back up again... :rotfl:

i didnt spew in labour! thank god! one thing i was dreading.. mum told me how gas and air made her be sick. so was haivng the tiniest puff on it so i wouldnt spew lol.. then.. well i wouldnt let it go

I stand corrected... but still you won't eat anything :( no matter how bloody hungry you are... :roll: Then you get a pointless, tiny, little bowl of cereal the next morning... :wall: :wall: :wall: to which point you demand your mum/OH/any visitor to BRING FOOOOOOD!!!!!!

midna said:
Squiglet said:
lisa&alex said:
Squiglet said:

I stand corrected... but still you won't eat anything :( no matter how bloody hungry you are... :roll: Then you get a pointless, tiny, little bowl of cereal the next morning... :wall: :wall: :wall: to which point you demand your mum/OH/any visitor to BRING FOOOOOOD!!!!!!

I wasnt expecting to be able to eat anything till afterwards ...however like I say afterwards I recon Id been hungry enough to polish off a few ponies or at least your OH`s kittens. :D ...bah theres always placenta tbh.

I reckon if I ship the cats by DHL, they should arrive to you in time before you pop... depends what the magic ball says.. :wink:

In the hospital here they incourage you to eat during labour, and advise you to pack cereal bars, chocolate, high energy foods for you and OH during labour, and cartons of orange juice to drink to keep energy levels up, its important that the body is nourished during its hardest job.

I ate muesli and cereal bars and drank orange juice, i was sick but it definatly helped out.

i didnt want to eat.. i jsut really would ahve loved a cup of tea wernt even alloued that :(

I've had mine packed since I was 26 weeks because I'm so paranoid about prem labour but haven't added the snacks yet. I'm thinking cereal bars are probably a good option as they don't need special storage and are high in energy.

At the moment I have Chocolate, biscuits, crisps, and chocolate biscuits bottles of water and will chuck some fruit in before we go. I'm naughty tho as when the cupboard snacks run out I keep digging into my labour bag and having to buy more stuff :oops:

My Bag Is Done But No Snacks Have Been Put In, I'll Be Taking Change For The Machines & Getting Family To Bring Me In The Rest. Stuff Like Fresh Sandwhiches,Fruit & Juice :)

I definately wont be packing any snacks, the only time i tried eating during labour i was sick unlike when i didn't eat anything with my first. I found nothing worse than having a contraction whilst heaving and being sick.

Last time i wouldn't have had enough time to eat!!!!!! I barely got there in time. I won't be taking snacks but i will take money for dh to go get me whatever i fancy (if anything), I doubt i will eat until afterwards.

I personally have had two previous labours - not eaten during either of them and not been sick with either of them

Alfie
xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back