Hospital bag... How many of each

I've given up trying to understand that one mariaisabella hahaha
Sleepsuits seem to have legs...?
Baby will wear whatever I put on it! ;-)

I've given up trying to understand that one mariaisabella hahaha
Sleepsuits seem to have legs...?
Baby will wear whatever I put on it! ;-)

haha, I know! I'm sure it was easier when we were babies..

I know sleepsuits have legs but so does babygro. And the vest/bodysuits thing I am sure its the same!

So I think vests are the things without legs but they come in long and sort sleeve x

I think ppl refer to them as diff things.

To me a sleepsuit has poppers arms and legs/feet.

Vest are the ones underneath and ill either say long sleep vest, short sleeve vest or vest lol! I dnt call anything babygros or body suits.
But i know some ppl refer to sleepsuits as babygros and vests as bodysuits haha x

Last edited:
I think of it like a sleep suit is a onesie for a baby and then they can have either a sleeveless/shortsleeve/long sleeve vest underneath & a nappy. I think I'm more inclined to go with short or sleeveless vests as I imagine it being a struggle to get a sleep suit on with long sleeves on baby already :) x

I did use long sleeve but only in the winter. Spesh when they r in grobags as their arms do surprisingly get cold as they wont be tucked in.

But my house is really cold in the winter and i dnt like having the heating on all night so thats why i did layers, easier to take of to cool them down they wait for the house to cool xx

Sorry are people taking bips or muslin? Not sure which ones to take...

I packed my hospital bag a few days ago and I packed 10 pairs of knickers (5 disposable, 5 cotton) 3 nighties, 3 baby grows long sleeve and legs, 2 baby vests, 10 nappies and about 6 muslin squares. I was home quickly after my daughter so I didn't need much of anything. All that's left for me to pack is my going home outfit. Hopefully this time I can come home just as quick... Wasn't even there 24 hours last time!

I did..

FOR BABY:
Small pack of size 1 nappies
2 cow and gate starter packs ( you wont need these if you're breastfeeding)
wipes
cotton wool pads
sudocream
baby oil mist ( incase of dry skin)
6 vests
6 sleepsuits
6 hats
3 mits
8 bibs
all in one for coming home
blanket
dummy (just incase)

FOR MYSELF:
Maternity pads x2
breastpads
6 pairs of briefs
lounge traksuit
pjs and slippers
4 socks
phone charger
towel
body wash/shampoo/conditioner/body puff and body lotion
a few magazines

I did..

FOR BABY:
wipes
cotton wool pads
sudocream
6 vests
6 sleepsuits
6 hats
3 mits
8 bibs
blanket
dummy (just incase)

FOR MYSELF:
Maternity pads x2
breastpads
6 pairs of briefs
lounge traksuit
pjs and slippers
4 socks
phone charger
towel
a few magazines

Great list!

So All in one outfit for going home guess it can be a sleepsuit? Xx

Brilliant list, thanks chick.
When do people back their hospital bag & baby's?
I'm contemplating packing mine now. Everything's washed & put away so I may as well! Lol I'm only 27+5!

I started mine around 28 weeks I think lol. Still not finished need to put socks and track sit bottoms in there then il be done. It's good to start early as you know you have time to get bits. Plus if baby is early most of your bits would be ready. I wrote a list and kept it in the bag and crossed bits of as I got so it was clear what was needed. This was incase I had to go in and hubby had to come and get the bag he would know what he needs to get. My babys outfit is a sleeps suit as I'm not worried what she comes home in lol. I do have a dress incase she is small as it was brought for us. If she too big then sleep suit it is.

Ha I'll be starting mine on Monday then on my days off! Very good idea with the the list, I always do lists any ways but I'll leave it in the bag like you in case other half needs to get anything else for it!

I did..

FOR BABY:
wipes
cotton wool pads
sudocream
6 vests
6 sleepsuits
6 hats
3 mits
8 bibs
blanket
dummy (just incase)

FOR MYSELF:
Maternity pads x2
breastpads
6 pairs of briefs
lounge traksuit
pjs and slippers
4 socks
phone charger
towel
a few magazines

Great list!

So All in one outfit for going home guess it can be a sleepsuit? Xx
I did a all in one snow suit type thing just incase it's cold. I will be taking a Cardigan too though just incase it's warm as don't want her being to warm.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Can I just make a suggestion relating to one of the first comments about you leaking onto your pj's, with my daughter (I lost a he'll of a lot of blood) but I didn't leak after the first night because I didn't use maternity pads because they was leaking, I bought some tenna pants (they're basically adult nappies) they're super soft absorbant all the way around, up the front and the back and they're disposable because I used those I was able to re-wear the pj's I'd taken so didn't have to take extra they were a life saver and I've packed them again this time, they're also not as bulky as the pads and a little more comfortable to sit down on if you have stitches like I did, I've also packed 4 vests, onsies, socks and bibs for baby a going home outfit, her teddy her big sister chose for her some newborn disposable nappies (I'm using cloth nappies at home but o can't be bothered with the hassle in hospital) a sun hat and a warm hat as they don't take up much room I'm not packing cotton wool as last time the hospital was practically throwing it at me I think that's all I packed for baby then for me and partner I've packed bikini incase of pool birth partners swim shorts because they're aloud in the pool with you if you want them to and they want to (he does) change of clothes for partner (he's in the army so if I go into labour and hes at work he can get changed out of uniform also good idea if you're partner is a builder or painter or something so they have clean comfortable clothes babys don't wait for a day off) also comfy clothes for me to go home in slippers Toiletries (toothpaste, toothbrushes for me and partner, deodorant for us both,shower gel, shampoo and conditioner , mouthwash, makeup remover, moisturiser, face wipes, hand sanitiser for when people visit baby (especially my nearly three year old, it's a sensitive skin one), dry shampoo, I bought them all in travel size from superdrug as they were on offer three for two and I have a bag for dirty washing, a hair brush, nursing bras and socks I think that's everything it's all fit in a small suitcase too then I have written a list for last minute things to pack when I go into labour, like, notes, makeup, straighteners, phone, chargers, camera, crystals (for crystal healing) snacks and drinks and heat packs for my back hope this helps x

Oh and a poncho for baby instead of a card or jumper because a poncho can go over the car seat straps and is easy to put on road take off

These lists are really helpful, thank you 😊 I'm 31 weeks now going to start my hospital bag this week I think xx

I have packed a pair of breastfeeding pj's and two nighties also a thin dressing gown is handy because if you do leak at least nobody notices before you do because it covers you up at the back while walking to the loo x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back