Hospital bag... How many of each

Copterpops

Reaction score
Finally got round to making a start on my bag yesterday, but realised I have no idea how much of anything I need.

Is there anywhere useful that will give me an idea? I don't want to put too much in, but at the same point I d nt want to be completely under prepared!

Being first baby, I assume I will be staying a bit longer, as ideally I would like to establish breastfeeding.

For baby I packed three of each - sleepsuits, vests, 2 cardigans, 2 hats and that was easily enough (3 day stay).
I didn't anticipate going through pyjamas/bottoms like I did. Packed three, needed at least 6 from blood/leaking ect. 2 packets of big primark pants

Ooohhh I didn't even think about that for myself kitty. Must add a few changes of pjs to the list! Primark is amazing for pjs etc

If you end up with too much stuff you can always pack a second bag for OH to bring in for you if you need it.

Save clogging up your bag, pack a few more pjs, sleepsuits and nappies in a plastic bag and leave in boot so OH or family can bring it in if u do need to stay longer.

Im packing 4 sleepsuits and vest, handful Of nappies and 2 sets of pjs for me and something comfty to wear home x

Yes I packed a spare bag to leave in the car. Had things for us both in there. I took a small carry pack of nappies but didn't really need many, we only stayed the one night though.

Take a couple of dribble bibs as baby may not establish swallowing straight away if BF doesn't go to plan, saves spit out milk on their sleep suit x

Bibs, dammit... that's the one thing I haven't packed for baby stuff yet! I have pretty much everything packed for the babe now (probably more than I need) and next to nowt for me! It's tricky to know what's best as a 1st timer... :-S

Is anyone going to use a TENS machine for pain relief? Just heard about it..

And also, what about a birth ball?

xx

Is anyone going to use a TENS machine for pain relief? Just heard about it..

And also, what about a birth ball?

xx
Delivery suite usually have birth balls in them. Worth ringing the maternity unit and checking? x

What sizes baby grows are people packing?

I have bought 0-3 months but then have second hand 'first size' and 'tiny baby'. But how do you know which sizes he/she will fit into?

I took new born & first size (first size are slightly bigger) however, my LB was 2 weeks early and they were all massive on him but newborn did the trick just for hospital stay x

I find the sizes really confusing in general. I have bought about 3-5 pairs each of newborn size for sleepsuits, vests and long sleeved vests.. Then I have bought 0.3 months stuff as well as 1-3 months.

I think its better to buy one size bigger since the clothes shouldn't ben to tight and they grow fast?

xx

They really do vary from ahop to shop which is so annoying!

To give u an idea my lil boy was 9lb 9.5oz born and he wore next (up to one month - which was only 10lb apparently lol) home from hospital.
He was in this soze for about a week. But also fitted into asda 'first size' which i think they put as 9lb for weight!?
Id ignore the labels tbh! Xx

I have some bits up to one month the rest is 0-3. I don't see the point spending loads on bits if they wear it a week. I'm not to fussed if it's a bit big on baby. I have 6 sleep suits and vests, 5 muslin, 8 nappies, cotton wool and a dress which got brought for us which is new born. Oh and 1 hat and mittens. That's all I have for baby. For my self that's a whole different matter lol.
I have 3 pj's including one nightie, baggy trousers and top to come home in, towel, wash back, nipped cream, pads, knickers and disposable ones, arnica tabs, bikini top for birth pool if I use it, snacks and a big bottle of lucozade. All I need to add is my notes and some iced water. I also need to ask about fans as it's so hot in there I need one. Some hospitals have them so I will call. I also intend on staying in hospital for at least one night so I can get to grips with things being a first timer so for that reason I have packed more than I originally intended.

I have some bits up to one month the rest is 0-3. I don't see the point spending loads on bits if they wear it a week. I'm not to fussed if it's a bit big on baby. I have 6 sleep suits and vests, 5 muslin, 8 nappies, cotton wool and a dress which got brought for us which is new born. Oh and 1 hat and mittens. That's all I have for baby. For my self that's a whole different matter lol.
I have 3 pj's including one nightie, baggy trousers and top to come home in, towel, wash back, nipped cream, pads, knickers and disposable ones, arnica tabs, bikini top for birth pool if I use it, snacks and a big bottle of lucozade. All I need to add is my notes and some iced water. I also need to ask about fans as it's so hot in there I need one. Some hospitals have them so I will call. I also intend on staying in hospital for at least one night so I can get to grips with things being a first timer so for that reason I have packed more than I originally intended.

So you are bringing 6 sleep suits to hospital or you have 6 in total you have bought for baby so far? I am planning to buy a limited amount 4-6 of each ( of newborn/0-3 months ) and then the rest when born so I know the size xx

I have loads of 0-3 at home but taking 6 in total so I got 2 tiny ones and I mean tiny there from abroad and say 1 month but iv seen baby dolls bigger than these. Then I have 2 that are 1 month and 2 0-3. I am short but my OH is tall and was a long baby so got 0-3 as they are longer. The vests are up to one month and should be big enough, I hope. I have 6 so she will fit into something plus iv been told they might keep me in two nights so I want to be prepared. Also add plastic bags to ur bag so u can put ur dirty bits in there. Xx

I have loads of 0-3 at home but taking 6 in total so I got 2 tiny ones and I mean tiny there from abroad and say 1 month but iv seen baby dolls bigger than these. Then I have 2 that are 1 month and 2 0-3. I am short but my OH is tall and was a long baby so got 0-3 as they are longer. The vests are up to one month and should be big enough, I hope. I have 6 so she will fit into something plus iv been told they might keep me in two nights so I want to be prepared. Also add plastic bags to ur bag so u can put ur dirty bits in there. Xx
Good call on the plastic bags!!! x

Quick questions,

Whats the difference between baby vest and bodysuit? Some are long sleeved, some short sleeved and some without sleeve so not sure what to get!

Whats the difference between bodysuit, babygro and sleep suit ( if any )?

confused with all the names :confused: xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back