• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Hospital Bag- Baby's Stuff

Katy_89

Reaction score
I haven't got any of the stuff for mine yet. But I already have everything for the baby so thought I'd pack it earlier because I was bored. Can somebody please check what I've packed and point out anything I've missed or not got enough of.

* 4 Vests- 1 Tiny Baby, 2 Newborn, 1 0-3
* 4 Sleepsuits- 1 Tiny Baby, 2 Newborn, 1 0-3
* 1 Blanket
* Nappies- 10 Size 1. (Do I need more? Less? Some size 2 as well?)
* Wipes- 1 Travel Pack (12 Wipes...again, do I need more?)
* Cotton Wool- half one of those rectangle shaped pleat things (because I've heard some hospitals won't let you use wipes on NB)
* Nappy Sacks- about 12
* 2 Hats- 1 Newborn, 1 0-3
* 2 Muslin squares
* 1 Pair scratch mitts

Do I need bath stuff? Like a sponge, top to toe wash and a towel? Or will I be allowed home before his first bath?

If all the sleepsuits have feet in I don't need socks do I?

I'm hoping to stay in the least amount of time possible, so maybe 1 night depending on what time I give birth. If more nights than that then OH can bring more in.

xx

I'd bring more vests and sleepsuits, when they're little they're forever sicking up/weeing on their clothes :D

10 nappies might last you a day at this stage :doh:

I wouldn't bother with wipes at all unless you want them for yourself.

So long as things are ready available at home for your oh, it won't be a problem to get more of things when you need them :)

Again I didn't bother with nappy sacks in hospital as they change the bins regularly in hospitals

I did bring in bath stuff and towel and bathed bubbs before I left :)

You won't need socks if sleepsuits have feet. You might also want to take a couple more muslins in case you have a sicky baby! And I agree with Mamafy about more clothes - boys have a habit of weeing all over the place just as you're about to put a new nappy on... so probably worth taking a few more of those too - mine used ot poo after every feed and usually while I was changing them too :lol: Size 1 should be fine :D

I didn't bath either of mine before we got home but some places like to show you how to bath or top & tail them before you leave.

Going home outfit? Mine just came home in comfy vest tops and sleepsuits though!

You won't need socks if sleepsuits have feet. You might also want to take a couple more muslins in case you have a sicky baby! And I agree with Mamafy about more clothes - boys have a habit of weeing all over the place just as you're about to put a new nappy on... so probably worth taking a few more of those too - mine used ot poo after every feed and usually while I was changing them too :lol: Size 1 should be fine :D

I didn't bath either of mine before we got home but some places like to show you how to bath or top & tail them before you leave.

Going home outfit? Mine just came home in comfy vest tops and sleepsuits though!

I'll put in more nappies and clothes :)

We don't have a going home outfit, just sleepsuit and then snowsuit over the top is the plan because it'll be cold xx

I hope to be in and out again so I wont take much. I will take a few more vests and sleepsuits because Hebe was quite mucusy and we had to change her a couple of times. I had her at 9pm and we left the next morning so no bathing but I didnt want to do that for a day or so any way. Sid's going home in the same grow that Hebe did :)

what about cardigans?? (just a though from someone who hasn't got a clue :lol:)

i would probably add more some bibs hon, and agree with a cardigan, just in case it's very cold :) ekkk so exciting! i remember maddi's hospital bag, i too didn't bother with wipes, used them about day a week in the end, and i had just new born for maddi and nothing but mothercare newborn was any good as she was so long!

I will put a jumper/cardi in too :) xx

with my two they made me wash my first before i left and was going to make me wash zander before i told them i was doing it when we got home in the warm as he was born oct but they werent happy lol they have a wash on site policy i think, depends on the hospital. Are you planning to breastfeed? if so you will need breast padds. i wouldnt bother taking any 0-3 clothes as my kids were 8lb 15 and 8lb 3 and newborn was big on them i would stock up on mainly nwborn things to take its about 10 -12 nappies a day at first so i would take about 15 just to be safe size 1 should be good :) more muslin squares and a cardigan nice and snug - i would also pack 2 blankets and 2 pairs of sctrach mitts and the cots in the ward i was in i couldnt find a sheet to put on it after both my newbrons dissided to wee in them lol! and my kids were sick over their scratch mits and they scratch their face up allot if they havent got a 2nd pair. I too wouldnt bother with wipes just lots and lots of cotton balls i brought scented nappy bags with me as i didnt want a smally nappy near me wharle i fed my baby before putting it in the bin as i changed then fed then tidyed - but most of the time they would poop after feed as well lol! you excited about birth yet?? x

I'm not bothering with a going home outfit either, I'm doing babygro with coat and booties :) Can't wait to get my bumpkin.. So exciting getting the bag and everything packed :D

aww bumpkin thats what i call my son lol x i call him my little comfort bumpkin coz he is attached to his blankie lol he calls it snoo snoo lol

oh god you girls are panicking me. im due 16/02/10 and i havent packed anything!! :D after prev. m/c evry1 tells me not to get too excited as sumthin cud still go wrong i vent here its great!! but i am getting excited now i cant wait!!! sleep suits r handy cos i know theyre not that fragile but its easier getting their wee arms in than a jumper!! xx

with my two they made me wash my first before i left and was going to make me wash zander before i told them i was doing it when we got home in the warm as he was born oct but they werent happy lol they have a wash on site policy i think, depends on the hospital. Are you planning to breastfeed? if so you will need breast padds. i wouldnt bother taking any 0-3 clothes as my kids were 8lb 15 and 8lb 3 and newborn was big on them i would stock up on mainly nwborn things to take its about 10 -12 nappies a day at first so i would take about 15 just to be safe size 1 should be good :) more muslin squares and a cardigan nice and snug - i would also pack 2 blankets and 2 pairs of sctrach mitts and the cots in the ward i was in i couldnt find a sheet to put on it after both my newbrons dissided to wee in them lol! and my kids were sick over their scratch mits and they scratch their face up allot if they havent got a 2nd pair. I too wouldnt bother with wipes just lots and lots of cotton balls i brought scented nappy bags with me as i didnt want a smally nappy near me wharle i fed my baby before putting it in the bin as i changed then fed then tidyed - but most of the time they would poop after feed as well lol! you excited about birth yet?? x

I actually am really excited about giving birth. People are finding it really strange that I'm not scared lol.

oh god you girls are panicking me. im due 16/02/10 and i havent packed anything!! :D after prev. m/c evry1 tells me not to get too excited as sumthin cud still go wrong i vent here its great!! but i am getting excited now i cant wait!!! sleep suits r handy cos i know theyre not that fragile but its easier getting their wee arms in than a jumper!! xx

I'm due the day after you :) xx

I loved the ritual of packing the bag, checking the bag, unpacking the bag, repacking the bag :rofl:

:rofl: I have lost count of how many times I have taken everything out and refolded them.. Just to put them back in the exact way they came out :lol:

I bought my stuff I needed today so I just need to pack it. :) xx

I've not packed the hospital bag yet but I have thought about it. I'll probably do it after the new year - which isn't too far away! xx

I love the ritual of packing un packing and re packing again too :rotfl: i packed my hosp bag with my first at 20 weeks but it amazed me a week before having her i was still adding things to it with my son i packed it a month before hand just incase

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clark Gracen
Back