Horses!

I think the first job is to get him used to being handled then, maybe a rug to help with the rainscald and some feeding up to put condition back on but maybe later in the year i might try clipping lol

Aw he's a sweetheart! I'd love to buy a foalie or youngster and back them etc. Not going to happen for a long while for me now! x x

i have 2 gorgeous horses a gypsy cob and a tb x am still riding at the moment but taking it easy, im lucky that me and my friend have our own field and look after each others horses if one of us cant get to yard so this will carry on when i get to big lol x i find it so relaxing and after a busy day at work its total stress relief x

Hi all, I hope you don't mind me posting on here as I love horses always have since a little girl, but unlike most of you I don't own a horse. Hopefully one day.

I looked after a shetland pony for about 2 weeks (as the people who had him weren't looking after him properly) and loved every minute of it.
I remember it was pouring rain one day and all I could think of was going out with my towels to dry him off not giving a damn about how drenched I got....lol:lol:

I would love to be able to go horse riding or have my very own horse, but I doubt I'll ever have enough money to do so

Oops, only just checked this thread back.

I haven't ridden in ages, really miss it. :(

Suzzi - I love cobs, they rule! :yay x

Lovisa - Is there not a small yard or school near you who wouldn't mind you helping out once or twice a week in exchange for a lesson or discount on lessons? I used to do this when I couldn't afford it. x

Well thanks for bumping it up anyway! I didn't realise this thread was here. I've been curious about the riding while pg debate, although I'm just ttc at the mo. I've been riding since I was ten, although for the last year I've not been able to afford it.
I bought a gorgeous wee piebald gypsy cob, perfect markings, loadsa feather and the most adorable wee man. He was a colt when I got him, but when I got the vet out to geld him it turned out he was a rig :( Couldn't geld him and I couldn't keep him at a yard. Tried for ages to find him a field but there was nothing locally and eventually had to sell him as he was getting chucked off the yard (owners were actually really nasty about it, they wouldn't have cared if he was homeless).
Anyway, he's now 2, living on a lovely yard about half an hour away from me with a lovely new owner who is an amazing horseman and I'm glad he'll be happy there. Miss him like hell but better that than homeless!!
As soon as I can afford it I want another, or preferably my Romeo back!! Think I might have to wait a few years though, baby being no1 priority when I finally get one!!
Here's a pic of my Romeo:

Attachments

• baby boy.jpg
    baby boy.jpg
    50.8 KB · Views: 2
Last edited:
Aw, how sad, sorry to hear that hun. He's a little stunner though! Hopefully you can get another soon, I'd love my own horse one day. x

Lovisa - Is there not a small yard or school near you who wouldn't mind you helping out once or twice a week in exchange for a lesson or discount on lessons? I used to do this when I couldn't afford it. x

Thanks hun for your reply. I might ask around but I'm not sure tbh.
I have only lived in Kent for 3 years and don't know much about our area but hopefully there is somewhere that will do that as it would be a dream come true :dance: Especially as I know I'll never be able to afford to buy one :(

How are you today?x

Leesey, he is beautiful, hopefully one day you will get your Romeo back.
It's nice to see you are in contact with his new owner and I am glad he is treating him well.
*hugs* to you hun xx

I have 2 horses- a 17yo ex racer and a 28yo TBx.
The ex racer is temporarily retired, although he is a stunning horse he isn't quite all there in his head and when I found out I was pregnant I made the decision to retire him. I've had him 10 years and know him inside out, have done everything with him- successfully evented and shown to quite a high level. If and when I have time after I've had baba (due in Jan) I may bring him back into work.... but it doesn't matter if I don't, there's no pressure. Would be nice to show him as a Veteran though....
My 28yo TBx is still in work, I'm riding him 5 days a week at the mo (we don't jump anymore due to his age) and we have had a brilliant season Showing in Veteran classes. I'm going to continue riding him until I can't- it'll keep me fit and I'm being sensible- resisting the urge on the stubble etc!! He'll have a break in Jan/Feb and ihope to be riding him again in March, ready for our next Showing season.

Lovisa - When I was looking for a yard, I used Google. I'm ok by the way, hope you're alright. Sorry I've not replied in a while, I always forget this thread is here! LOL. x x

Little - Aw, I love TBs, my first share horse was a TB ex racer. :) Hope you get to do some shows after baby is born! x x

I missed riding so much while I was pregnant, I ended up having to stop at just after 5 weeks as the wee rascal put me off, it was windy and she took off bucking round the arena, unseated me, got my balance and she bucked again and off I popped. Trip to a&e that day and thank god Colby was fine. So after that hubby wouldn't let me ride again. (still went up every day up until day before he was born to check she was ok and brush her etc)

I gave birth a week ago and I can't wait to get back on but don't think it will be for another few weeks as very sore.

Aw Sassy, don't blame you, I have already quit riding and I'm not even pregnant! :rolleyes: Hopefully it's not long before you're riding again. :) x x

I'm sure you miss it loads MissJuly, hope you can get back on again sometime, it's such a great feeling isn't it :)

awwh I love TBs- got one atm and she's such a love!

Might consider another one when we sell on as though I love her to pieces we don't work together well really. I've riden top show horses and jumped over 1m8 but shell barely get over a 75 even though shes 16hh..... and wont work properly uder me but does for everyone else... don't understand it but yano!

Think a sparkly little new forest is on the books for next time though! Miss my Chez bolting all over and jumping 1m5 even thought he was 14hh.... and taking him xc was a dream! Proper little eventing pony which is my background. Bare in mind this pony was 4 when I got him and I was told he'd done nothing but flat and did a chase me charlie with some friends that first weekend and got him to 1m before he plowed into the fence! sold him at 5 because we lost our stable but still get to go and see him and potter about every so often which is good!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back