Horses!

My connie does a lot of rearing and going in his own direction! We would never have got him if he wasn't so stunning (and talented just depends on mood). I cant wait to get back on I miss my weekend rides out with my dad and it's Hoys this week and its weird not going to compete so we are going up to watch instead!

I love paint horses i would love to own a horse perhaps one baby is 3ish.
I love horse riding but i would not risk going riding just incase the horse decides to flip you can never perdict what a horse may do so why risk fallin of and hurting your self and child

I'm not giving up because mine need exercise all the time. So I'm going to keep rising till the day I pop lol!

Aw, have fun at HOYS Pudding! :)

Amanda I know exactly what you mean but it's different for everyone I suppose. In my case, I've just lost my confidence a bit too much so TTC and then going riding when I'm already nervous..Naaaaah.

Lexi - It must be difficult/weird riding with a bump? x

I am so lucky as the pony i have is not a novice ride, and if you didn't know him you think what a nutter, but i know where i stand with him and it is all talk. Before i have him i had lost a lot of confidence, and he has brought it back again and beyond.

I am hoping i will have as much fun with youngster, so far we have been so lucky with her, she has had her moments, but in general she has been super, just hope that comes through in her ridden life time now ;S

Aw. I've ridden for a long time so I can handle most things, I just always seem to think I'm going to end up hitting the deck lol.

Yeah my Andalusian is a shite sometimes but I know where I stand with him and can handle his daily wobblies, that's the good thing is I'm always prepared as he is always flipping out! Lol. X

Lol! My old share horse was petrified of water! Unfortunately our hacking route passed a fishing ground and I used to brace myself every single time and be able to countdown to his hissy fit. :D

Hi guys, i own my own horse, he's a dutch warm blood, 7yr old, chesnut. He's fab. We do dressage and have started doing some pole work for extra fun!! he loves it. I plan to ride while PG, when it happens as i have always ridden so want to stay fit.

Love it that there's other horsey peeps on here xx

Yay! Somewhere else for me to come like I dont go on enough horse forums already!! Ive had horses all my life, sadly lost my last warmblood 18 months ago but life is strange as it allowed me to move up here with my OH who has 4 hunters (drag) and 2 ponies for his children. We also have 3 dogs, a JRT and two HPRs.
I stopped riding at about 12 weeks as the boys are all over 17.2hh and being so fit were jogging everywhere which I found did not suit my morning (all day) sickness at all :-( We do have a safe cob I might sit on as he is so safe and I miss the exercise already. x

Well i have stopped riding about 6 weeks ago, but only as the bump started getting in the way. This week though, the ponies have started coming in at night, the farrier warned me that one of the ponies could get laminitus if i am not careful. Have to admit, turnout, bringing in and mucking out is a lot harder work now that i am 8 1/2 months pregnant, even though i have kept myself fit.

i know this is about horses but i wondered how long you guys will leave it before you get back in the saddle?

Also i have broken my ankle in 3 places and have a pin and plate in it (cast comes off next Thurs!!) and i was wondering if any of you have anyone you know/ experience with people getting back riding after an injury like mine? I would love to go back but with having baby i don't want to cause more damage than i already have!!

i sold my main horse :(

im going to keep some of the money aside and when annabelles a toddler or 4 latest i will get another.

i can still ride whenever i want so its ok. not missing the mucking out and riding in the rain. but come summer i will probably be flicking through horse and hound for sales ;)

I've been offered a new share horse which I would ordinarily jump at the chance of riding but I'm so worried about falling off and having an accident!

Can totally understand wanting to get back on etc though - jogging isn't my thing though, I much prefer to excersise whilst sitting down hehe! :p

Warmbloods are amazing, love them. :) x x

I would get back into it as soon as i can, i'll be well and truely missing it by then, when the time comes.!!! i love riding my horse and i will miss it so much when i eventually fall PG again x

I've got a 15.2hh thoroughbred ex racehorse. Had her for nearly 5 years, but have had horses since I was a kid. I've only just found out I'm pregnant (yesterday) and would love to keep riding as long as possible but OH isn't happy about it!! Was jumping tonight and she was full of herself, leaping and skipping before and after the fence. I don't mind it (actually find her fiestiness lots of fun) but would panic if I came off..... but don't want to think about that - just won't tell hubby if I'm jumping lol

hey all.....I got back in saddle a few weeks back after speaking with GP and being told to just walk for a month as I had a section, well since then I have been really naughty and went out and bought myself a 2yr old New Forest :whistle::lol:

He is being delivered to me on the 14th of March:dance:
He is called Star and should make around 14hh give or take....lovely boy but has spent the first 2yrs of his life living wild on the forest....But being the sweetheart he is has taken to being handled really well, he's a little jumpy but that's to be expected.
As you can see in the pics he's really quite skinny at the moment but he's been wormed and now just needs feeding up. he also has quite bad rain scald on the left hand side of his back but again easily treated.

Say hello to Oke Dene Star..........
05032011002.jpg

05032011004.jpg

Awww he is lovely, gonna be a stunner when he grows into himself

What a cute pony!I love his long shaggy fur!!!!good luck if you try to clip him lol! I miss it loads still but not sure how my ankle will hold up yet! Plus I need new boots as my zips gone on mine!x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back