Horse riding

suzzi

Reaction score
is anyone else still riding while pregnant??

i ride my horse a few times a week and still really enjoy it, ive not got a bump and its not uncomfortable.

does anyone know whether trotting would upset the baby?

if you still ride at what stage will you stop??

seen a post about someone writing about this hun a woudlnt say would harm riding but u gotta take in to consideration if u fall off it do urself or baby any harm why dont u stop till after having baby just go see horse everyday feed it and things x

Hiya I have a horse and am still riding! I'm only 7 weeks but I'm going to continue riding until it's too uncomfortable. I have friends who rode right up till having baby and they were fine so I don't think there is any risk in riding unless of course you fall off! My horse is sensible and I trust her 100% but I wouldn't risk riding anything unpredictable now and I'm not going to do any jumping etc! I would say if you want to ride and feel safe doing so then go for it!! Xx

thanks x i dont plan to ride all way through x i have a bomb proof gypsy cob who is very safe although i am still very careful as you never know. im only doing light hacking with him and sticking to the same routes so no suprises lol x x i think ill ride till im uncomfortable x x x

Riding is one of those sports where only you can determine the risk and decide for yourself if it is worth it - I have ridden all my life and always said I would ride throughout any pregnancies as I feel safe and confident on my boy (who is also a gypsy cob - they rule :lol:)

Role on a few years, my boy is lame :cry:and my mare is an exciting ride to say the least; I fell pregnant and have not ridden at all. I would only contemplate riding my boy as I feel I know him inside out, for the sake of a year or two I'm not prepared to hurt myself by falling off another horse (my balance is shocking now I have a bump :lol:)

On another note, I am lucky with the job I do to appreciate the effects riding can have on your pelvic floor muscles. Riding is one of the best exercises for toning and strengthening this group of muscles, which is fab but not ideal for childbirth as it is too effective! I keep telling myself this everytime I drive past someone on a horse and it seems to keep my sadness under control :oooo: What I will say though is if you enjoy it, and feel safe, why not? I wouldn't recommend starting anything too extreme (like XC) but was it Mary King who competed at Badders 5 months pregnant? Mad lady... :shock::lol:

lol my boy is a safe ride and i trust him x my mare is like yours and i wouldnt ride her while preggers x x i dont do anything exreme im a happy hacker most of the time x x

With your cob being bomb proof I would keep riding until u feel uncomfortable, hacking etc will be great, very jealous!! My mare is thoroughbred x-racehorse so highly strung, likes to buck and skip around a lot! I couldn't believe I fell off at five weeks as I think ive only fallen off her 3 times in 5 years, wee rascal!! If I could trust her to be sensible I would still be riding!

Can't wait to start riding again, she's having a life of luxury at the mo

I'm only 5 weeks but plan to keep riding for as long as possible. I usually event with my boy but that is on hold right now, just enjoying hacking. I've had him since birth, he's now 17, he's quite sharp/spooky but doesn't do anything crazy so feel confident on him, having said that I took him for a gallop this morning and it did cross my mind that I really wouldn't want him to spook at that speed right now....

im off out for a ride later today its great stress relief in all that country air x x x

I'm 28 weeks and still riding. Finding its fine, i stopped jumping immediataly but am carrying on as normal. My mare is as safe as you can expect a horse to be i couldn't bear the thought of not riding. I've stoppe schooling as it was fairly intensive on the ole muscles (oh, no, what a shame!) but still cantering happily round the countryside. Or would be if the ground didn't resemble concrete. grr!

Yep, it was Mary King. As my M/W told me (luckily she is horsey!) She won a Europeon gold medal at 5 1/2 months!

Still riding too but i had to get some better bras as soon i give jordon a ru for her money lol.

Also see how you stand on insurance..

Last edited:
I have had this debate too and have decided to give up at the end of this month when I will be just over 4 months. I loan an Arab mare who can be a bit spooky but over the last few months has been fine. I ride with a body protector and also with a friend so if anything happened (which it won't) there is someone with me. I love it so much and will be sad to stop but I don't think I will be comfortable with a bump riding....looking forward to my ride tomorrow morning now :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back