horseriding in pregnancy?

I didn't ride once I found out I was PG but this was mostly due to me having a MC previously, my mum rode until she was about 7 months when she was carrying me, she was even going over show jumps! If you know the horse I think its fine :) Mum just found it too uncomfortable towards the end :) we had an ex-racer too, he was wonderful, really miss him :(

I don't really ride but used to as a child (my sister has two horses but i just never got very interested) and i decided at about 13 to ride again so went to the local riding school and told them i was a bit scared so they put me on a reliable horse.
Half way through the lesson something banged outside (we where indoors) and the horse reared onto its back legs and i hung on... the woman said she was shocked i managed to stay on!
Anyway all im trying to say is this was a riding school horse and the one they knew to be calm and it still reacted to a noise and i could have fallen off- so even a trust worthy horse can be spooked is all im trying to say so i wouldn't want to risk going to a riding school and not telling them your pregnant.
I supose if its your own horse you will know more but i personally wouldnt risk it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back