What are you giving up?

meandthebump

Reaction score
I have decided that i'm going to stop horse riding now. I know some people continue riding while they're pregnant but i don't feel i want to. I went last weekend and felt that i should hang on extra tight! I'll keep visiting the horse and grooming but no more riding for quite a while for me :(

What have you had to stop doing now that you're preggers?

Cheese!!!!!

I love brie, camembert, stilton etc etc - everything on the banned list. I really miss it. PLanning to pig out when the baby comes.
I also stopped on the cross trainer. I was in 2 minds but OH didn't want to take any risks after m/c so I havn't been on it for months. Wasn't too hard to convince me though! Will have to start though when I start back on the cheese!

I'm not a big drinker of alcohol and don't drink either tea or coffee so I'm ok there (I've decided to be t-total during pregnancy just to be on the safe side) BUT I am a complete brie and pate fanatic so that is going to KILL me - especially over christmas as I normally get as excited about my boxing day turkey brie and cranberry sandwich as I do about christmas dinner!

Am also going to have to be careful of puddings (my one true love) as so many mousses etc have raw eggs in!

It will all be worth it though!

I'm giving up my beloved red wine! I know we're allowed to have some now but I would rather not :wink:

Gave up coke, diet coke, too many sweet things.

Halved my tea intake and the sugar in my tea.

Try to get exercise but it ain't that easy when you feel crap so hoping to take it up again in 2nd tri.

Sex (till december cos doc said so).

Sigh. All nice things.

Sue

Ive given up smoking straight away, which I wanted to do anyway and havent missed it at all :dance:

Also my weekly aerobics class (shouldnt say it but thats a slight relief!)

Sex....cos im so bloody nervous about doing it due to bleeding post intercourse in my last pregnancy!!!

Jaidy said:
Ive given up smoking straight away, which I wanted to do anyway and havent missed it at all :dance:

Also my weekly aerobics class (shouldnt say it but thats a slight relief!)

Sex....cos im so bloody nervous about doing it due to bleeding post intercourse in my last pregnancy!!!

Snap, snap, snap!

Oh and my pink wine :lol: I had a really weak spritzer the other day and it was lovely but my DH looks at me like I'm punching myself in the tummy and it takes away the enjoyment! MEN...

I gave up smoking as soon as I got my BFP too......and obviously stopped drinking! (I now have the very occasional spritzer, but didnt for the first few months)! My DH also quit 3 months ago, so we are a totally no smoking household :D

Having owned horses in the past I think you are very sensible to stop riding especially if its not your own horse! My best friend has only just stopped riding and she is 6 months pregnant, but she has owned her horse for 14 years and knows him so well that it wasnt a problem for her!

Well, this could be a little depressing :lol: . . . I've given up:
Smoking
Drinking
Coffee
Medium rare steaks
(ok everything on the food list)
I've also, not given up, but temporaryily pulled away from my friends because we always have drinks when we go out and if I say that I'm driving they won't believe me and will guess straight away. :lol: I'm laying low until Xmas when I can tell everyone!

Not much.

Just the regular stuff. I'll still have an occasional drink but that's it. :)

I don't drink alcohol anyway as i drive for a living and i don't eat any of the naughty cheeses or pates so i'm ok there. Also i only eat chicken or fish so don't have to worry about the meat too much either. The one thing i have had to give up is coffee!! I have switched to decaf at home and at my sisters but this means i can't grab a coffee as i am driving or a bottle of coke so thats being the hardest part for me up til now :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mara14
Back