Horse Riding, Perienum and Tearing!

Shaz

Reaction score
Just read somewhere in one of my riding magazines that women that ride horses regularly are more likely to have stronger pelvic floor muscles (which aids labour), but thicker, toucher perineums which make you more likely to tear or be cut?

I know a few of you girlies ride horses and I rode my own horse regularly up until I was about 6 months.

I've not been doing any peremial massage or stretching either and I'm due in three weeks!

Does anyone have any experience of this or do you think it's an old wives tale and what will be will be?

i have heard that aswell as i used to ride myself!
my auntie who has horses tore and she has ridin all her life but she didnt tear with her 2 other kids only her first!

So do you think I should be rubbing oil into my bits like a mad woman from now on or shall I just save myself the effort and see what happens?

A lot of the girls have said that massaging made no difference what so ever and if you're going to tear then you'll tear regardless!!!

I'm 'horsey' and have heard that the pelvic floor is stronger but not the bit about tearing (wishful thinking :roll: )
Will ask a few friends to get a poll !! :wink:

Shaz said:
So do you think I should be rubbing oil into my bits like a mad woman from now on or shall I just save myself the effort and see what happens?

A lot of the girls have said that massaging made no difference what so ever and if you're going to tear then you'll tear regardless!!!

to be honest i wouldnt bother but its totally your choice im not doing it and i have been horse riding all my life!
I see it as if yur going to tear then you will tear! :think: :(

Your muscles will certainly be stronger, but i think if you are going to tear then you will tear.
I didi start rubbing Almond oil in to my perineum from about 6 months preg and my boy was 8 lbs and i didnt tear. i just had minor 'grazing' as they called it.

I have a friend at work who is a mad runner and when she was in labour he pelvic floor was so strong that her baby was effectively bouncing off it! every time she pushed he would come out so far then be pushed back in by the pelvic floor. In the end they cut her to make it easier - not because he wouldn't fit. But she did heal very quickly afterwards.....

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back