Horse riding...

jazzmum2be

Reaction score
Is it ok for me to go horse rididng soon?
Iv been riding since I was like 5, and love it, but Iv always thought I couldnt while pregnant...

Personally I wouldn't - I think the risk if you were to fall or be kicked etc is too great. That's just me, though. If you're desperate to it's your decision but make sure you 1000000% trust the horse you're on and are extremely experienced.

I would agree with Daftscotlass..... I was regularly riding before I fell pregnant but gave up as soon as I found out. My main reason was I had a fall 2 weeks earlier and the horses I was riding were a bit scatty! :lol:

i was reading a pregnancy book by dr mirian stoppard and she said to avois dangerous sports like climbing/horseriding etc as the risks of falls are too high. so i woudnt to be honest :hug:

I have 3 horses & was riding 6 days a week before i found out i was pregnant (didn't find out i was until i was 14weeks gone), my DH put his foot down when he found out i was expecting, no more riding till baby is here. I don't really mind. It's winter and ponies arn't doing as much during these months.

When i was 10weeks gone i fell off badly at high speed from one of my horses, but because i didn't know i was pregnant i just dusted myself down and got back on.

Personally it's not worth the risk...

Because i have my own horses i am still involved in their day to day care - although i don't do any of the lifting etc anymore i suppose i am still at risk of getting kicked. I know it sounds odd but ever since i found out it's as if my horses have sensed to be careful with me, my youngster especially. He's a wild lil bugger at times and is a right handful for my DH but with me he's like a saint (although now i'm getting bigger and slower to move DH pretty much does 99% of the daily horsey duties)

Some women ride throughout pregnancy but personally I wouldn't risk it. You can trust your horse 100% but we can never control them, only influence them, they are another mind after all.
Riding can be a very risky and extreme sport, if I were you I would wait until after bubba is born. Riding is great, I can see why you want to get back in the saddle, but it won't be long now :)

Ok yeah :)
I think Ill wait ntill bubs is here then :)
My friend, shes also pregnant and she has her own horse and she says shes going to carry on riding.
I think shes alot more experianced than me though :lol:
She just said in the summer me and her should go up to the new forest and go on a pony week, were you help out and go on hacks every day.
Im exciiited now :cheer:

I'm the same - got my own horse and look after it myself. I rode up until I was about 6 months with my first one until it got uncomfortable but because I miscarried before this baby I have now I've not actually put foot in stirrup since I found out. I'm 14 weeks now and starting to pop.

Still doing all the yard work (apart from lifting bales and stuff). I may still be able to squeeze in the odd plod around the lanes before I get too big!

I gave up riding at 10 weeks. I used to exercise a lady's horse and she's a lovely dependable horse. Even so, accidents happen so easily and for me it wasn't worth the risk. I'm still suffering with a bad back after being thrown off in 2005!

It will be something to look forward to once the baby is here. Jazz - that week of riding and helping at the stables sounds lovely, hope you have fun.

I was naughty and rode up roo 20 weeks before i got too big and bulky but it isnt recommeded!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back