"Horrific" sickness

HeppiBean

Reaction score
Sorry ladies, just need a bit of a moan...

Every night for the last week or so, at the same sort of time (between half 8 and 9) I've started feeling like absolute crap. I'll be fine one minute, and the next everything will ache. My back will start hurting to the point where I HAVE to lay down, I'll start getting pains in my tummy and feeling very sick... You know like when you kinda throw up a lil bit in your mouth but don't actually throw up properly? That starts happening every 5/10 minutes... I become really light headed/dizzy and feel kinda "out of it" if you know what I mean... Like feeling really heavy and shaky, hot but cold sort of thing :( It's starting to annoy the hell out of me cause no matter what I do I can't get rid of it!

I've tried having a drink - makes the sickness worse
Eating - makes the tummy pains worse
Laying down - I become more light headed and my breathing starts playing up
Having a bath - Get overly dehydrated, so I have a drink, which makes the sickness worse (again)...

I just don't know what to do any more :( Does anyone have any suggestions? Anything will be good right now. I just wanna feel better :( This is actually worse than the morning sickness I got back in tri 1!

Can't wait for the next couple of months to be over and done with!!

Thanks... And sorry for moaning again :/ Feel like that's all I do these days!!

xx

Last edited:
It still hasn't gone :( If anything it's only got worse... I'll never get to sleep at this rate! x

Sorry to hear you aren't feeling great. I think its prob best that you try to speak to your midwife. I know that I definately feel worse in the evenings but I don't have the sickness or lightheads that you describe.

The light heads may be due to low blood pressure or something - best to get yourself checked out hun x

I have an appointment on Tuesday so think I'll mention it... It's just driving me insane right now... Seems like everything I do makes it worse :( x

Oooh not nice eh hun. I really wouldn't know why you're feeling like that, but I have heard that ladies can get sickness back again nearer the later stage of pregnancy. That would suck.

Do you lay on your back when you lay down? I know I feel kinda breathless when I do that so I avoid it. Something about the pressure of the extra weight we carry that puts pressure on the main blood supply or something.

What are you drinking? If not already, maybe you'll have to stick to plain old H2O.

Try not to make your baths too hot so as you don't feel dehydrated maybe.

The above is more than likely stuff you already do or have thought of. I'd keep trying the hossie or your MW hun if its making you anxious and annoying you.

Sorry you're feeling like poo :hug: Hope you start feeling better soon. x

Last edited:
Oooh not nice eh hun. I really wouldn't know why you're feeling like that, but I have heard that ladies can get sickness back again nearer the later stage of pregnancy. That would suck.

It really does suck!

Do you lay on your back when you lay down? I know I feel kinda breathless when I do that so I avoid it. Something about the pressure of the extra weight we carry that puts pressure on the main blood supply or something.

I've tried laying in all different kinds of positions....

What are you drinking? If not already, maybe you'll have to stick to plain old H2O.

I've had water, squash, coke and tea... Tea seems to make me feel the least ick... Guessing cause it's warm...

Try not to make your baths too hot so as you don't feel dehydrated maybe.

I've tried everything with baths... Hot/warm/cool even cold! It's just something about laying in the water I think :/

The above is more than likely stuff you already do or have thought of. I'd keep trying the hossie or your MW hun if its making you anxious and annoying you.

Sorry you're feeling like poo :hug: Hope you start feeling better soon. x

I don't know if I'll last through til my MW appointment next week if this carries on... Might have to give hosp a call...

Thanks hun :hug: xxx

:wave: Howz u feeling today hun? x

Last edited:
Aww hun. Just be careful that you don't get dehydrated. I know the hospital can pump fluids into you if needs be, so it may be worth contacting them or your gp surgery as they can do a urine sample and tell if you're needing fluids.

Loads of :hug: hun and hope you feel better soon. x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back