Advice please.

Welshhunniexx

Reaction score
I have my GTT tomorrow morning and im not coping well with the fasting.

i last ate at half 7, but im used to eaten every few hours. i feel really shaky and light headed at the mo.

any advice on what i can do?

Can't you eat something quickly now? I had to fast from 10pm? 5 mins won't matter.

Ahh right, thank you. il quickly eat something now. thank you again! x

Yeah i was allowed to eat until 10pm... Its the hardest thing :(

I hated every second... not that i want to make this any worse for you.

Hope it goes ok x

I remember doing it when i was carrying my dd but had no trouble fasting then. this time, i could have sworn she said not to eat after 8pm and i have been having alot of trouble if i dont eat for a few hours, tomorrows going to be the worst. lets hope i dont throw up lol x

I had mine done this morn at 9am, and I last ate at 7pm the day before, I almost fell asleep the whole time and got told off for not eating lol so yeah Detroit have something now :) and remember your magazines or watever ! X x

Already done lol. gonna take my gameboy with me. OH has to come home as we r having a new phone line put in, completley forgot. gonna be a loong day me thinks x

take a bottle of water with you to sip on while you wait, it will give your stomach something to occupy itself with.

If you don't feel great, then ask to lay down. I felt a bit iffy and waited ages until my mum asked a midwife, they were very nice and said of course. It was too hot in my hospital. I had to have a second test 5 weeks later cos of extra amniotic fluid, even though first was negative, I was more prepared and asked to lay down sooner and it wasnt too bad. Some people talk of having a lucozade drink, mine was in brown bottle and a bit like a thick honey liquid. I found adding the lemon squash they provided took the taste away a bit. Depends what drink they give you, some people quite liked it! take carb food for straight afterwards, you feel better so quickly. Xxx

Thank you so much for all your advice. it was 3 years ago when i did my last one, and i never found out the results as 'they misplaced the blood'. it better not happen again x

I had one I was told no food after midnight Xxx

Sent from my HTC Sensation Z710e using Tapatalk

i had mine last fri and was told nothing after 10pm the night before but i was at work til 10 and always need glass of milk before bed for heartburn so had it bout 10:30 when i got in as i was still allowed the test as my sugar levels were checked before the test and they was low enough.......mine came back all normal though fx the time goes quick for as the boredom was killing me i got sick of the magazines etc :) xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back