Horrible woman made me cry!

ninjawomble

Reaction score
GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

I went into work today, now havng to wear maternity smocks instead of my usual nurses dress, coz they just dont fit.

The stoopid horrible woman I work with went

" whoa, you are MASSIVE!!! And youre carrying low, you are either gonna have a 12 lber or you have gestational diabetes" :eek:
She was being serious!!

Ive had enough of people saying this..yes Ive put on nearly two stone, but Im PREGNANT, Im usally a size 8 so its gonna look bigger, but this is seriously doing my head in!

Oh and then she went on to say " You wont go full term, It will be early" GREAT stress me out even more!!!

Is anyone getting this annoying input on their weight? Its really upsetting me :cry:

How RUDE!

I would have told her to shove off (and if anyone pulled me on it, blamed hormones and got away with it).

I put on 2 stone too during pregnancy, although I was big to start with, and got all the same comments. I even got sent for an emergency growth scan at 32 weeks to make sure I wasn't having a monster baby, tested for Gestational Diabetes, the lot. And in the end I had a perfect pregnancy, perfect baby boy (9lb 13oz, but we have big babies in my family and he's about average for us) and with the help of breastfeeding got back into my old jeans within 2 months.

Don't let people like this get to you. It's your body, you know what you're doing with it. If you were doing anything wrong, your body would let you know. :hug:

(Fume on your behalf)

Oh hun just ignore the insensitive B***h!!!

I honestly think that people who make such ridiculous comments, are either just jealous or incredibly stupid (or maybe both :D ).

You keep smiling and dont let her or any other insensitive people get you down!

I hate people who feel you are just there to be commented on. In my last pregnancy I was told on a regular basis that I was too big/small for my dates by complete strangers, sometimes on the same day! Everyone has an opinion and wants to share it. Don't let it get to you, of course it'll show more if you were so small to start with. At least you look pregnant not fat! Gotta love those hormones making you cry tho, why do we get so emotional?!

How rude and insesitive! :hug:

I don't know why everyone suddenly seems to think they are the world's expert on babies and pregnancy when you start showing - it's a load of tosh!

My mum put on 5 stone when she was having me and because she was slim anyway (size 8-10 before hand) she looked huge (I've seen the photos!) But I was 7lb 15 and late!

Your body knows what it is doing (unless you begin to slap rude, annoying people and then it would of course be an involuntary reflex you were unable to control! :wink: :shhh: :rotfl: )

Hun ignore the silly cow!
I was a size 8 before I had my first and gained 3 1/2 stone in total with him and he was a week late and I didnt have GD and he weighed 7lbs 12oz!
People like her should seriously shut the BEEP up! :hug: :hug: :hug:

Thats awful, just ignore her. Why anyone would come out with comments like that is beyond me. Insensitive *bleep*. :x :hug:

Tell her to bugger off, it none of her business.
Ive put on 1 1/2 stone so far and was big to start with, i just look like a fat hefer now, but its only ok for me to say that.
Anyone else would get a bollocking

Tell her if she hasn't got anything positive to say then not to bother speaking to you at all!!

I am carrying fairly "neat" (so I'm told) and did so with my daughter so no surprises there. My SIL is 2 weeks ahead of me and is a LOT bigger - people are so surprised when we say there's 2 weeks between our due dates but then different people carry differently and like you say, the smaller you are to begin with the more its going to show!

My SIL is so sick of people saying "can't be long to go now!" when she's got about 14 weeks to go and because it's her first she's quite self concious.

Don't let insensitive people like that get you down or ruin your pregnancy!

Aw hun :hug: people don't realise how insensitive their comments are. I keep being told I look small - I personally don't think I am but even if I did I don't want or need to be told! That's like going up to a bald man and saying, oh, you've not got much hair have you?

I just grit my teeth and ignore it, or try to find it funny (like when I get big/small on the same day :roll: ).

Oh and I put on over 3 stone in my last pregnancy but had lost it all by the time my son was 6 months old so don't stress yourself out over weight gain.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DreamRapeVic
Back